PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic, say whaaat?

ConglomrationAL
04-13-2007, 09:48 AM
In light of the previous post about the myth`s of carnauba wax content in many expensive carnauba waxes. What do people here say that is the best synthetic substitute for the carnauba waxes that are really expensive?

What synthetic do you think, optically, is comparable to the Zymol and the Swissol out there?

I`m asking partially because I want to know what you synthetic guys really like and also because I feel that those carnaubas might actually be better than the synthetic wxes out there.

~Albert

wannafbody
04-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Some have claimed that Z5pro topped with Z8 looks very similar to PS. I`ve never used PS so I can`t verify that claim. Others claim that NXT and #26 also look similar to PS. In the end it comes down to personal opinion. Your eyes are the determining factor.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Well, again, what you consider better may be associated with you think looks better. Now I on the other hand think "best," looks great, (3 variables) and lasts long(er), relatively easy to use. Thats my simple criteria.

Heres a few of my favorites:

Four Star UPP and UPPS

Duragloss #111

Duragloss #105.

Blackfire was pretty decent as well.....

Heres to your mission.....

ProStreetCamaro
04-13-2007, 11:56 AM
I use both synthetic and real wax. Synthetic for the long term protection it provides and topped with a quality nuba such as Nattys blue. There is no ifs ands or buts about it synthetics protect longer than nubas do. Some synthetics even give the look of a nuba wax.

My favorite combo is Poli-Seal topped with either nattys blue or P21S.

DM101
04-13-2007, 12:13 PM
I have yet found a synthetic to look as good on "MY" car as Pin. Sourveran. My looks and taste. And I have tried a bunch of syn. MHO on my car.

I use both synthetic and real wax. Synthetic for the long term protection it provides and topped with a quality nuba such as Nattys blue. There is no ifs ands or buts about it synthetics protect longer than nubas do. Some synthetics even give the look of a nuba wax.

My favorite combo is Poli-Seal topped with either nattys blue or P21S.

Accumulator
04-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Can`t compare it to exotic waxes as I`ve never used anything more exotic than Souveran....but UPP is mighty wax-like in appearance. So is BF, and BF does the "darkening" thing that some people like in certain waxes. In fact, BF on my silver Audi looked darker and "richer" than a good carnauba (forget which one...maybe the old 3M paste or else #16) on my wifes Audi with identical paint.

Neither look like Souveran though, and that`s still her favorite on that car.

Scottwax
04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba has a nice deep look. Of course, is is a sealant/carnauba blend.

ConglomrationAL
04-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba has a nice deep look. Of course, is is a sealant/carnauba blend.

I assume the synthetic part of it extends the life of the protection on the car?