PDA

View Full Version : Brand new and all Black...

Puttnutt24
04-13-2007, 01:11 AM
Hello everyone.

I`m brand new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. My name`s Rich but go by Putt here on the net.

I`m looking for some advice on product`s and method`s to keep a brand new `07 Black Silverado I`m building looking it`s best. It`s not a daily driver. I owned a black truck some years ago and told myself after I sold it "never again" The truck is brand new right off the line. Should I keep my California Duster away from it? Is Klasse really the best for black paint? any advise would be very much apprecaited. thx everyone, glad I found yea, Putt

imported_DieselMDX
04-13-2007, 01:17 AM
IMO I would wash clay and apply pinnacle souveran to the paint.

souveran is not the most durable but looks amazing on black. If you want to use klasse aio just apply that after claying and layer souveran over that.

This is if the truck does not need to be polished.

If you want to go with a sealant zaino z5 and werkstatt AJT work great also.

ptaylor_9849
04-13-2007, 08:02 AM
First of all, welcome Putt. I have owned quite a few black cars so I have some experience in this area. As you already know, black is quite a chore to keep perfectly clean. Just take a spin around the block and it`s dusty again. Time wise, it`s probably unreasonable to wash your car every time you drive it because you would spend more time in your driveway than on the road. That said, I would consider using your California Duster but very gently. Just let the tips of the duster do the work. There are other types of dusters such as microfiber ones sold by Griot`s Garage but I`ve never used one of those. After dusting, follow up with a spray like Zaino Z-6. This helps clean the remaining dust particles and leaves a nice gloss. For added shine you could then follow up with Zaino Z-8 spray which will kick it up a notch. These sprays are not only awesome to work with but they will help minimize dusting in the future. They also keep you from having to drag out the hose all the time which is a major time saver. There are also rinsless products such as Optimum No-Rinse that many here rave about so maybe that`s an option for you as well. When you wipe these products across your paint use only good quality microfiber towels and pay close attention to the edges of these towels. I have laid down some nasty scratches by accident because the edge of the towel was sharp due to the heat and stitching used during manufacturing. Moreover, when you wipe don`t use alot of pressure. Let the towel do the work. This will help minimize micro marring that is very easy to create. I have tried both carnauba waxes and sealants. I quickly returned my carnauba for the ease and durability of sealants. For me, the softness of carnauba seemed to attract and hold more dust. I have used many top names mentioned around here but I have to say that I found my answer in the Zaino line. Their products are the best I`ve ever used. You can spend countless hours on this site reading and learning. In the end, you will probably suffer from analysis paralysis. That is, you will have so much information that you won`t be able to choose a product. If that happens, remember these three things: Z-5, Z-6, Z-8.

Patrick

fab
04-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Welcome Putt. I own a black car and swear by Zaino products...

Zaino Store (http://www.zainostore.com/)