PDA

View Full Version : Oh, my! I need some help on products!

Hey, Moe!
04-12-2007, 10:51 PM
My girlfriend (a wonderful person--should have met her 30 years ago) is in the process of replacing an aging minivan. As a local businesswoman, she would prefer to do business at the local Ford dealership where I have purchased numerous vehicles, and have a great realtionship with the staff.

She is close to buying a nicely-equipped `06 Mercury Mariner (Ford Escape) in great shape with very low miles.

It has dark brown metallic paint, and a tan leather interior. Both the paint and the interior are in very good shape (very little marring, and believe me, I looked).

I was about to order the 4-ounce sizes of Optimum Polish and Poliseal from Excel, because I wanted to try them. They will be likely used on the Mariner with my PC.

For an LSP, I have IW, Natty`s Blue, and an unopened tin of #16.

Any comments on the Optimum products (I know-gotta work them), or any comments on the LSP, and leather products available from Excel?

I`d really like to do well with this project. In addition to being my girlfriend, she is also my landlady, and I probably have the only appartment in town with an outside water faucet, an outside electrical outlet for the PC, and an icemaker, a dishwasher, and XM radio inside.

Now, it is my turn. Any comments?

travisdecpn
04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I have found Mercury`s clearcoat to be somewhat hard, however Optimum Polish and LC`s white polishing pad should be aggressive enough to remove the light marring. I like the look of FK1`s Pink Wax on light colored vehicles, very reflective. That being said, I`ve also used Natty`s Blue on light colored finishes and have been very pleased with the results.

P.S. - Interested in parting with the #16?

Whitethunder46
04-12-2007, 11:40 PM
I`m a big fan of XMT`s line of polishes. They work very very well with the PC. I also have and use the Optimum line up as well, but I usually grab for the XMT`s first. XMT recently came out with their XMT #4, which is a heavy duty compound designed for use with the PC. Also came out with 360 which is there AIO.

Whenever I hear metalic paint, I like to grab DP`s MaxWax. Really brings out the metallics for me.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SL554437.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SL554431.jpg

stiffdogg06
04-13-2007, 12:20 AM
WhiteThunder: All I got to say, is that second picture is amazing. That metallic really SHINES!!

Great job :):kewlpics