PDA

View Full Version : Nattys Blue hard to remove?

ProStreetCamaro
04-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I just tried out my new jar of nattys blue and after it dried it was a biotch to remove. Is this normal for this wax or did I do something wrong? I am used to my P21S that is just wipe on and wipe off.

Also which do you guys think is more durable, P21S or nattys blue? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! :2thumbs:

imported_bigfoot
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
I think you applied too much. That happened to me the first time I used it, but after that, I was able to take it out in a breeze. The trick? Apply as thin as possible, let it haze, and take out.

ProStreetCamaro
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
I think you applied too much. That happened to me the first time I used it, but after that, I was able to take it out in a breeze. The trick? Apply as thin as possible, let it haze, and take out.

Thanks I will try that shortly. I did apply it pretty thick. I guess a little goes a long way?

imported_bigfoot
04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks I will try that shortly. I did apply it pretty thick. I guess a little goes a long way?

Yes it does go a long way! I was impressed how long it can go. But the finals are well worth it!:shocked

DM101
04-12-2007, 03:06 PM
This is a bad habit of mine. Seems like I`m always grabbing the quick detailer to help in removal.

Scottwax
04-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Go light with NB and it is very easy to use. Definitely more durable than S100.

imported_smprince1
04-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I apply it so thin you can barely see it .... then I find I can wipe it off after 2 panels or the whole car and it is easy to remove.

imported_Ivan Rajic
04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
I`ll just repeat it haha.. use less than you did.. I applied it for the first time a few weeks ago and it was a breeze to remove... and looks great

ProStreetCamaro
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys! As soon as it is done this strange 60 degree sleeting in a couple minutes I am going to go dry the car and try it real thin.

Fallz
04-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Agree , to thick of application.

I know some or all disagree but I feel Natty Blue has great durability , but is not a slick feeling wax , but beads for a long time and rain seems to blow right off when driving . Don`t understand and does not really make sense , but it is what it is........ I dont know whats in this stuff , but really does not act like a carnuba IMO.

xmx250
04-12-2007, 05:14 PM
i`m debating getting some nattys blue

ProStreetCamaro
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Well I did a super light coat on half the hood just to test it. It came off much better but still no where near as easy as P21S. I am sure the Nattys is much more durable though. I love P21S on my street rod and I think I will use the Nattys on our daily drivers.

imported_bigfoot
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks guys! As soon as it is done this strange 60 degree sleeting in a couple minutes I am going to go dry the car and try it real thin.

You can apply it in that super cold weather for you:clap: I know, I lived on Liberty Rd. On Windsor Mills