PDA

View Full Version : hate to see my car getting dirty....

Pages : [1] 2

element_2nice
04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I don`t know about you guys, but if i spend 5-6 hrs getting my car detailed, I absolutely hate it to see car getting dirty every time I take it out from my garage.

Just wondering, how can i keep my car looking clean all the time? I mean power wash it every week or something? But then the wax won`t last for long on my car if its getting power washed every week.....is it?

normally how long the polish and wax will keep my car looking shinny?

Saumil
04-11-2007, 08:45 PM
use a quick detailer every 2-3 days...wipe off with microfiber..it`ll keep ti shiny..

different waxes have different durabilities...try using an all in one + sealant..that will last really long...

i use megs gold class (consumer product)..live in boston..cars parked outside 24/7..washed/clayed/waxed 2 weeks ago..rained a few times..applied qd only twice..still looks stunning....qd might be the trick!!

mikebai1990
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Just wondering, how can i keep my car looking clean all the time? I mean power wash it every week or something?

Well, instead of power washing, a better choice would to just simply do a car wash. It`ll take you around 45 minutes, maybe half that time if you use a rinseless wash (and you are experienced). That`ll keep your car clean all the time! Once in a while (few months), you can do a good detail (clay, wax) and everything will be good :)

BMW335i
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
I`m not a fan of touching the paint once it`s got dirt on it. Once it does, it`s either wash or nothing. Face it, your car will get dirty if you drive it and are a normal human being.

I washed my wheels today with a power washer, the brake dust slid off and I didn`t even have to touch them to clean them. They were waxed with 845.

Macruz19
04-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I`m not a fan of touching the paint once it`s got dirt on it. Once it does, it`s either wash or nothing. Face it, your car will get dirty if you drive it and are a normal human being.

I washed my wheels today with a power washer, the brake dust slid off and I didn`t even have to touch them to clean them. They were waxed with 845.

Do you use a QD, or you simply wash the car once there`s dust/dirt?

I`m a big fan of QD, and I try to do it at least every 2 days if the weather is good. No scratches, but I have swirls but nothing bad like some people post up here. Since reading and using a better technique with the better tools, I don`t think I put anymore marring on my finish.

Since I have a PC now, I just need time to do other parts to get rid of the minor swirls. Other than that, it`s the best thing I can do for my car if I can`t wash it all the time.

NickelPlated.45
04-11-2007, 09:50 PM
If you QD the dust off panels in between car washes, you are more likely to induce swirls. I wash my car once a week and live with the dust in between washes. The most i do is use an air compressor to dust it off before i pull out of the garage. I use QD for finger prints. Bird crap and sap doesn`t get on my car because i don`t park underneath trees. My car stays clean most of the time. Just learn proper washing methods, then wash your car once a week.

Tim W.
04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
is does suck once you spend time on your car then after one drive its dirty again. i agree with bmw335i, once dirt is on the car its best to wash instead of a quick detail spray in my opinion. i have a black vw and dirt sucks! :grrr

clnfrk
04-11-2007, 10:17 PM

I couldn`t agree with you more on the whole not touching the paint in between washes thing. Its much better to live with a bit of dust and dirt than to risk marring the finish in between washes by essentially dry wiping the paint with a quick detailer.

Since I have my own equipment and detail professionally, what I do in between washes is power wash the vehicle and then use deionized water for the final rinse to let the car air dry since I never hand dry the vehicle unless it has first received he typical hand wash for obvious reasons.

imported_Neothin
04-11-2007, 11:26 PM
i know exactly what your talking about. I spent 6 hours this evening detailing the car in preparation for 2 major car shows this weekend.

paint-

menzerna IP

Menzerna po85rd

clearkote rmg

pinnacle souveran

BnB on trim, AIO + IG on windows, plastX on heads+tails, cleaned wheels/wells + dressed with meg`s hot shine aersol.

inside got a good vacuuming, #34 and 303 on the plastic, pc+cyclo brush+10:1 meg`s apc on the upholstery

car looked great. it`s been a long time since i`ve done such a thorough detail on the car.

so it`s time to pack up and go home. get to the bottom of the parking garage at school where i was detailing (the only power + water supply available here @ school) and come to see that it`s a raging thunderstorm. *sigh*

^&04types
04-12-2007, 08:38 AM
How About Not Driving It?

velobard
04-12-2007, 09:29 AM
I don`t know about you guys, but if i spend 5-6 hrs getting my car detailed, I absolutely hate it to see car getting dirty every time I take it out from my garage.

Just wondering, how can i keep my car looking clean all the time? I mean power wash it every week or something? But then the wax won`t last for long on my car if its getting power washed every week.....is it?

A lot of us wash our cars at *least* once per week, often more. One other option is driving through a touchless car wash.

joshtpa
04-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Or use some ONR in a spray bottle. We all know that washing a car is a "rain dance" of sorts.

Accumulator
04-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Tim W.- Yeah, I know what you mean about black. The need for frequent washes, even more than the way it shows marring, is what finally put me off black vehicles.

I`m not a fan of touching the paint once it`s got dirt on it. Once it does, it`s either wash or nothing. Face it, your car will get dirty if you drive it and are a normal human being...

I couldn`t agree with you more on the whole not touching the paint in between washes thing. Its much better to live with a bit of dust and dirt than to risk marring the finish in between washes by essentially dry wiping the paint with a quick detailer.

+1 more here. If I can`t wash it properly I don`t touch it. Cars simply don`t stay clean when you use them..just like a lot of other tools.

How About Not Driving It?

Heh heh, that sounds like me :o

Depends on the wax and how you wash. I don`t polish for years at a time and I haven`t waxed the Blazer since last September (and it got driven all winter).

Wash "properly" and you won`t get marring, hence no need to polish. Use a durable wax like Collinite and it`ll last a *very* long time, hence no need to wax.

sQuashed
04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Poorboys Spray and Wash works wonders every other day or so.

mikelea4ever
04-12-2007, 11:46 AM
I wash my SUV every two weeks since it just sits in a cover parking lot during weekdays. Only use it on weekends. I use QD every week to remove lite dust in my vehicle then wash it the following weekend. It looks marvelous just by spraying it with QD and just so happy that I don`t have to wash it every week. It sucks cause I have a Sequoia and washing it everyweek would be really hard for me. Just use qd in between of car wash, IMHO.