PDA

View Full Version : Can I apply Z-AIO with a foam pad?

johny
04-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Noob question, but I figure it was worth asking ... Zaino`s website encourages using their cotton applicators, but since the Z-AIO is a cleaning product, could I just use a foam pad? This is strictly for hand application. Thanks for any info.

JasonD
04-09-2007, 10:12 AM
I don`t see why not.

johny
04-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah, that`s what I figured ... I am new to Zaino, so I just wanted to be sure. I am excited about getting my package! :woot2:

imported_memnuts
04-09-2007, 01:42 PM
No problem with sponge application.

A folded soft cotton terry hand towel will give you a more comfortable and available "clean" surfaces as a hand-polishing tool vs a small sponge pad especially if you plan on doing a complete vehicle.

Otherwise both methods are acceptable.

Macruz19
04-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Yup. I use a white foam polishing pad for Z-AIO. I also tried it by hand, but I think it`s best using a foam pad.

imported_GregCavi
04-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Feel free to use it with polishing or finishing pad.

Greg

johny
04-09-2007, 06:22 PM
I appreciate all the responses. I will apply the Z-AIO with a foam pad and the Z-CS with the Zaino cotton pads. I have never used Zaino before, so I am looking forward to it. I guess the toughest thing will be to use as little product as possible.

Scottwax
04-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Make sure when you use a foam pad for polishing that you don`t use the tips of your fingers to apply pressure, always use your whole hand to apply even pressure or your fingertips will leave marring.

joshtpa
04-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Or grab a pad holder. I really like the cheap ones made out there

johny
04-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Make sure when you use a foam pad for polishing that you don`t use the tips of your fingers to apply pressure, always use your whole hand to apply even pressure or your fingertips will leave marring.

Or grab a pad holder. I really like the cheap ones made out there.

Good advice. I never thought about how I hold my pad, but I guess I do press down with my fingertips. :eek:

johny
04-09-2007, 07:40 PM
No problem with sponge application.

A folded soft cotton terry hand towel will give you a more comfortable and available "clean" surfaces as a hand-polishing tool vs a small sponge pad especially if you plan on doing a complete vehicle.

Otherwise both methods are acceptable.

Yeah, sometimes the little pad can get kinda tough to hold onto. I guess I need a PC. Should have bought one at Christmas when they were cheap.

imported_memnuts
04-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Yeah, sometimes the little pad can get kinda tough to hold onto. I guess I need a PC. Should have bought one at Christmas when they were cheap.

A PC is a wonderful detailing tool, but if you take your time (patience) and find a good hand detailing technique and tool (sponge or folded cotton terry cloth), you will do just fine.

A PC will make it just more fun. :cool:

noego
04-10-2007, 07:44 PM
what is a `pad holder`?

johny
04-15-2007, 09:50 PM
The only pad holders that I know of are for machine polishers. I dunno. But I finally tried the Z-AIO and Z-CS tonight. Seems okay so far. I really tried to watch how much I applied, trying not to overdo it. That was the toughest part. Both products seem to leave a decent gloss, which I hope will intensify by tomorrow. I encountered a little bit of smearing, but that was probably due to applying too much product. Otherwise, they were both surprisingly easy to use by hand.

Eliot Ness
04-15-2007, 09:59 PM
what is a `pad holder`?The two types of pad holders for use by hand (that I know about) are these two:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/86147-carrand-applicator-walmart.html

Danase Grip Easy Applicator Handle (http://www.danase.com/dagreaapha.html)

The Danase Grip Easy Applicator is for use with standard 4" pads made for the PC/Cyclo/rotary.