PDA

View Full Version : Which Zaino on glass?

shift_roro
04-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Just bought the full Zaino setup (pretty much), but I`m wondering what I should use on the outside windows for the best beading / waterproofing. I used to use RainX which worked well..... for a few weeks until it ended off worse than w/o it. I didn`t like the frequency of application so I`m looking to see if any of the new Zaino stuff would be a better sealant/protectant.

This is what I have:

ZAIO

Z5p

Z6

CS

Z8

Now which products would you recommend using on all the exterior glass? Obviously, optical clarity is important so I`m not going to use them ALL (like I would on my paint). Just wondering which 1-3 products would give the best result i.e. RainX effect + durability.

imported_Picus
04-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I`d use ZAIO and Z5 on the entire car, including glass.

imported_memnuts
04-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Z5, ZAIO and CS will give you the RainX effect BUT will wear off quickly if you live in a rain prone region. The friction of the wipers will eventually wear these products off.

ZAIO is great for glass protection with the plus of cleaning during application. A monthly application/cleansing the windshield with ZAIO should serve your needs. Of course, the frequency of application will again be dependent on wiper usage.

joshtpa
04-08-2007, 04:17 PM
I have found that almost all of the Zaino products wear off glass too easily. I have since switched to a product called Rain Clear. It costs like $5 for a tube, and works much better than RainX IMO.

lambostealth
04-09-2007, 01:48 AM
I noticed that when I first got my Zaino, and would apply it to my windows, I could sustain a fairly steady rain with no wipers on, but when I started using my wipers, it wore off within a few days. Now I prep the windows with Zaino glass polish, and it lasts much longer even with the use of wipers. I think most people that put it on thier windows neglect preping the windows properly.

On a side note, the wipers are much quieter now, I`m assuming it is because they are sliding across the slick surface now.

Give further prep a shot, and see if that works for you. I think you would benifit with a coat or two of Z5pro on them as opposed to any other Z sealant. That is just my experience though, you might have better results using another Z product on them.

docker
04-09-2007, 06:03 AM
On glass, I`ve had real good luck lately with ZAIO, CS, then treat occassionally with Z8.

Macruz19
04-09-2007, 06:30 AM
I use any of the Zaino sealants. I think Z-2p and Z-CS works best for me. I`ll have to try Z-AIO on my glass.

I do have Z-14 (abrasive glass cleaner) and topped it off with Z-CS, but the beading didn`t last as long on my windows. I simply applied a coat of Z-2p again.

Z-14 is great stuff BUT, does not have any protection. Makes the clarity on the windows even better. I don`t use it often, but it`s usually for older windows.

stilez
04-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Z14 followed by 2 coats of ZFX enabled Z5 Pro.

I did this over the windows and my glass is crystal. I`m waiting to see how she holds up, but on my G it beads to no end.