PDA

View Full Version : klasse SG or glaze for ultimate shine/depth?

Dairyman
04-07-2007, 09:51 PM
would i better off using meguiars machine glaze or layering klasse sealant glaze. im just looking for a little extra shine i already have polished with menzerna IP and FPII and done the nxt followed by #26. i was thinkinga bout using the orbital with some AIO then SG. i figured i could just skip to the SG and layer it a few times???

o r would i get more shine pop out of using a machine glaze with the orbital?

im not looking to remove swirls just get extra shine...

Scottwax
04-07-2007, 10:51 PM
I`d dump Klasse and go with Jeff`s Werkstatt instead. Updated, nanotech acrylic polish and sealant. Easier to use, better shine and durability than Klasse.

If you don`t want to go though a lot of effort though, I`d use #3 Machine Glaze and #26.

Dairyman
04-07-2007, 11:02 PM
i already have the klasse AIO and SG unused...

imported_GregCavi
04-07-2007, 11:08 PM
IMHO, the klasse SG and werkstatt are VERY simliar in looks and use. If depth is your thing, I would suggest going the carnauba route. If you want depth and durability, Zaino z5po has quite a bit of depth.

Greg

Accumulator
04-08-2007, 11:53 AM
DairyMan- Between the Klasse and Meg`s approaches, some paints simply look better/worse/very different with one or the other. I never think "depth" with KSG...shine maybe, but the meg`s glaze/wax effect is just *different* looking than KSG.

Heh heh, if I already had NXT/#26 on there, I`d be very hesitant to strip it off and apply Klasse ;) Maybe one panel for a comparison, but, not knowing what kind of paint we`re talking about....I bet I`d like the Meg`s look better (and I use KSG).

Dairyman
04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
its a silver frontier. this morning i clayed, polished with klasse AIO then put on the first layer of SG. not that much of a difference but silver is hard to show drastic changes.

Accumulator
04-08-2007, 05:07 PM
OK, silver. I think KSG looks OK on some silvers (e.g. Mazda) but I dislike it on others (e.g. Audi). See what you think after 3-4 layers, anything more will contribute durability but not improved looks.

Dairyman
04-08-2007, 05:37 PM
i will let you no the results. thanks

Old Pirate
04-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Klasse has work for me on my silver mazda5, still learning the tricks of the trade. Any tips will be helpful on the silver mazda5 thanks

Accumulator
04-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Any tips will be helpful on the silver mazda5 thanks

Only real tip I can offer is to find lighting that lest the slightest micromarring show. It can be hard to see on silver but will make light refract instead of reflect- then it won`t look as nice as it could even if you don`t actually see the marring in the form of scratches.

Old Pirate
04-08-2007, 07:29 PM
I`m just trying to find more depth in the silver color, as for now the twins have made me jump back because it`s the first time i have seen the metallic silver in my paint stand out, i`m just trying to find some other products that will make it even better (depth and shine), but like i say the twins work very well for me so far. I wash once or twice a week when i can and QD it also. thanks everyone!!!!!!

Accumulator
04-09-2007, 11:13 AM
I`m just trying to find more depth in the silver color, as for now the twins have made me jump back because it`s the first time i have seen the metallic silver in my paint stand out, ..

Yeah, the Klasse really does let the metallic in that particular paint show! I get the feeling that "depth" and the metallic effect are gonna be mutually exclusive on this one; enhancing one will attenuate the other.

FWIW, I used to use a wax topper and it made the paint look a bit "richer", but it didn`t really do *that* much for the depth and it muted the metallic a tiny bit.