PDA

View Full Version : List of all "waterless" wash products

Pages : [1] 2

ZoranC
04-07-2007, 01:37 AM
I am aware of few "waterless" / "no rinse" wash products. Ones I am aware of are:

ONR

Freedom Waterless Wash

DP Four-in-One / Waterless

Eco Touch Waterless

Any others out there? I searched and this is all I could find.

SVR
04-07-2007, 01:54 AM
I`ve just had the owner of Freedom post off samples of their 1:11 dilutable "ONE" formula non wax wash with polymer sealant in it

No waterless products that I`ve tried before have impressed me. They either made my paint feel rough, cause scratches or streak plus the wax didn`t work over the sealants

The hydrocarbons in them are not environmentally friendly, smell awful and had the consistency of water when sprayed on the panels.

If I were to make a waterless (thinking about it), it would have to be one that can be diluted and is soapy, as close as possible to a foam gun, contain no wax or petroleum distillates, have kaophilite super fine particles so you can clay with it and contain a strong sealant.

Freedom ONE looks to be fairly soapy

my friends from a west aussie forum made one from two liquid finishing polishes (one has sealant), from a local detailing product manufacturer who make their own clay) and water

It`s known as AFX 101.

imported_WCD
04-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Valugard..Fast Finish

Automotive International - Valugard Product Line (http://www.autoint.com)

Rob

joshtpa
04-07-2007, 07:22 AM
I`ve just had the owner of Freedom post off samples of their 1:11 dilutable "ONE" formula non wax wash with polymer sealant in it

No waterless products that I`ve tried before have impressed me. They either made my paint feel rough, cause scratches or streak plus the wax didn`t work over the sealants

The hydrocarbons in them are not environmentally friendly, smell awful and had the consistency of water when sprayed on the panels.

If I were to make a waterless (thinking about it), it would have to be one that can be diluted and is soapy, as close as possible to a foam gun, contain no wax or petroleum distillates, have kaophilite super fine particles so you can clay with it and contain a strong sealant.

Freedom ONE looks to be fairly soapy

my friends from a west aussie forum made one from two liquid finishing polishes (one has sealant), from a local detailing product manufacturer who make their own clay) and water

It`s known as AFX 101.

Have you tried ONR? It impresses the heck out of me.

firegate
04-07-2007, 08:05 AM
I am aware of few "waterless" / "no rinse" wash products. Ones I am aware of are:

ONR

Freedom Waterless Wash

DP Four-in-One / Waterless

Eco Touch Waterless

Any others out there? I searched and this is all I could find.

Don`t forget QEW (pretty much the original)

Jetbo
04-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Has anyone else seen/used turtle wax`s new waterless wash called Foam Away (http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,21) at Walmart? I did not buy any to test out because I just some ONR a few weeks ago but it caught my eye.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-07-2007, 10:32 AM

This was before Freedom Original......

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/beforeF1.jpg

After Freedom Original.....

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/afterF12.jpg

Before......

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/wheelbeforeF12.jpg

After......

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/wheelafterF12.jpg

I think you`ll like the F1. Its easier to use the the Original, but they`re two different products also...As with any waterless product, use it for what its intended for. Its when people have high expectations, and use it inappropriately that they become dissapointed.

Just to clarify, Freedom makes two versions, the Freedom Original, and the newer Freedom One.

captkirk2
04-07-2007, 06:43 PM
QEW types should be termed rinseless not waterless? or hose-less?

Pennypacker
04-07-2007, 08:31 PM

Yeah, I`ve always kind of associated waterless washes to be QD-type products, like PB Spray & Wipe, and rinseless washes to be ONR, QEW, and so forth.

dmxsoulja3
04-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Patrick I noticed the Freedom on your site though I don`t hear you nor anyone else really hyping it up, is it new? How does it compare to ONR?

Scottwax
04-07-2007, 10:43 PM

Agreed. Rinseless and waterless are not the same type of washing and rinseless is definitely not waterless.

I`ve tried Dri-Wash and didn`t really care for it (a distributor left a sample on my car`s antenna-must have seen the sign I had on my back window) and I recently tried Eco Touch, which is actually pretty decent if your car isn`t too dirty. Good for cleaning my Cannondale road bike too.

BlackElantraGT
04-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Wouldn`t a rinseless product (such as ONR) be the same thing as a waterless wash, except in concentrated form (you add the water yourself)?

What is the benefit of something like the Freedom One waterless wash over ONR? IIRC, the price for a bottle of Freedom One was around $17.99 at the very least. If I were to use that similarly to ONR in diluted QD form, that would get very expensive very fast.

Scott P
04-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Wouldn`t a rinseless product (such as ONR) be the same thing as a waterless wash, except in concentrated form (you add the water yourself)?

ONR and the like are really "low water washes" at they still require a bucket with some water in it. Waterless washes like Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe are more like quick detail sprays (except with a lot more cleaners, lubricants and surfactants) and offer a spray on and wipe off process.

SVR
04-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Have you tried ONR? It impresses the heck out of me.

I don`t consider ONR a waterless. It`s more of a rinseless product

It`s fantastic.

The turtle wax foam away would be exactly the kind of delivery method I want but it mentions carnauba wax and silicones. two things I don`t want on my car

Something like speed clay foaming but with sealant would be nice.

Looks like I will like freedom then

a.k.a. Patrick
04-08-2007, 10:51 AM

I would suppose one could make a QD out of NRWS.

What is the benefit of something like the Freedom One waterless wash over ONR? IIRC, the price for a bottle of Freedom One was around $17.99 at the very least. If I were to use that similarly to ONR in diluted QD form, that would get very expensive very fast.

They both have there place in detailing. NRWS is really a product of convenience. Folks use it because you dont need to drag a hose and bucket around. You simply fill a bucket or two up with a couple gals of water, and your on the road. You still wash in a traditional manner with sheepskin or another type of washmit. Then break out the WW and dry away.

The Fredom Original Waterless products are also a product of convenience, but the delve into an area somewhere between NRWS and a QD. The surface is not so dirty that you need water encapsulation, but your also looking for some honest protection.

"It is a water-based product that contains special "space-aged" polymers, soaps, surfactants, lubricating agents, non-abrasive pumas, a trace of alcohol, and the finest Brazilian Carnauba Wax you can buy." (From there site) I have used it in the past on dozens of cars and have been very happy with its results. As I have with NRWS. They`re both great "gotta haves" in my arsenal. Always keep in mind, both products have limitations, as would any quick detailer.

The F1 is slightly different in that it is more along the lines of NRWS, "to go." But, a huge difference is its organic/plant made! So it also is totally earth friendly for those who prefer using eco friendly products. That being said, you dont have a worry about toxins while using. .......Good for everything but porous rubber.

And thats my experience with both Freedom and NRWS, and the little differences.

The