PDA

View Full Version : Truck wheel wells clean with ?

mschuyler
04-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I have a brand new 07 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. It`s real pretty! :-) The wheel wells are huge. I could climb in one, I think. They are painted Victory Red just like the truck and very apparent from the outside, easily seen. I sprayed them out last wash stuck a mit in there--and threw away the mit. There was an ungodly amount of dirt up in there! Nasty stuff! As a driver I don`t think I will physically be able to clean these areas as well as a hood or top, but I`d like to know how you would approach an area like this. Would you keep an old mit around for the purpose? Any technique you care to share? Thanks.

Accumulator
04-06-2007, 07:15 PM
I use brushes on the Blazer. On a nice new vehicle like yours I`d get a BHB for wheels from AutoGeek as the Boar`s Hair rinses clean incredibly well and it`ll be nice and gentle (I use BHBs for the wheelwells of a number of our vehicles). I use a coarser brush on my Blazer, but hey, it`s a beater and I`ve coated the wheelwells with black undercoating anyhow.

tmonsen5
04-07-2007, 01:57 AM
i went to BigLots today and bought 4 different brushes for this same purpose. I found a long handlel brush, and stiff bristle brush, a duster, and something else, plus some turtle wax tire shine, it was all really cheap and ended up being 9 bucks and some change. The long handle brush is great because i use it to clean inside dirty doorjambs and reach in far places.

sneek
04-07-2007, 02:38 AM
cheap brush+APC then adams undercarriage spray