PDA

View Full Version : Help How To Clean Tires?????

truereligion
04-06-2007, 11:47 AM
How can i clean my tires up to look new and shiny. I like them to be as shiny as possible what do you guys reccomend? What kind of tire shine will give them the most shine and last a decent amount of time? I have some bleach white stuff will this work to clean them and any tips? any tips on how to get them looking good. they are so brown and dry looking its gross. What products do you guys reccomend that are over the counter.

Thanks

lex89
04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
I like Eagle One All Wheel and Tire Cleaner followed by Eagle One Tire Shine (not sure if that one has a special name). It`s a blue capped aerosol bottle in Pep Boys. That stuff lasts for about 3-5 days, usually lasts through rain.

Bigpoppa3346
04-06-2007, 11:55 AM
The best I have found is Hi-Temp`s Tire Cleaner. Wet tire first, spray liberally on the surface, let it sit for a minute or so, and scrub them like crazy with a tire brush. Hose off, and repeat till you don`t see any more brown coming out of the tire. I like to dress with Optimum Tire Shine.

imported_smprince1
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
The best I have found is Hi-Temp`s Tire Cleaner. Wet tire first, spray liberally on the surface, let it sit for a minute or so, and scrub them like crazy with a tire brush. Hose off, and repeat till you don`t see any more brown coming out of the tire. I like to dress with Optimum Tire Shine.

Maybe a stupid question, but I gotta be me ....

Does the Hi-Temp Tire Cleaner harm the wheels? Or even better, can you deliberately use it to clean the wheels as well and kill two birds with one sprayer?

jdthompson
04-06-2007, 12:21 PM
APC cut 4:1 sprayed on with a Foaming sprayer, left a while, then scrubbed with a stiff brush seems to work well for me at getting the tires clean.

Bigpoppa3346
04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but I gotta be me ....

Does the Hi-Temp Tire Cleaner harm the wheels? Or even better, can you deliberately use it to clean the wheels as well and kill two birds with one sprayer?

No wheel etching/harming that I have noticed. Never tried it for a wheel cleaner, so I don`t know how it works for that purpose.

imported_smprince1
04-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks BigPoppa.

davenportbd
04-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Another good option is duragloss 701 tire cleaner. It worked as well as hi temps tire cleaner for me.

RR DETAILING
04-23-2007, 07:27 PM
to be honest, I use a bit of the Meg`s Hot rims wheel cleaner, adjectate it with a tire brush, then hose it off, and then wash it again, with a double strength mix of car wash concentrate (1z Glanz for me). I rinse to make sure its all off, and then follow up with a coat of Megs NXT tire shine... works like a charm, and looks good on the tires for roughly a week!

Pennypacker
04-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Some great suggestions. Just to give another option--Turtle Wax Platinum All Wheel and Tire Cleaner is excellent.

Probably like many, I try to gauge how effective rubber cleaners are by whether or not a white rag wipes off clean after a good scrubbing is done and how many times I have to go over the tire before that happens. It usually takes a while with many cleaners I`ve tried, but Platinum All Wheel made the tires dressing-ready after the first go-round. And the key to having well-dressed rubber, I think, is having clean rubber first.

I also like the fact that, like EO, Platinum cleans both tires and wheels.

anthony914
04-23-2007, 11:22 PM
i jsut used the eagle 1 wheel clener and it worked great!

3Dog
04-24-2007, 09:40 AM
I prefer TOL or Amazing RollOff.

joshtpa
04-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Some great suggestions. Just to give another option--Turtle Wax Platinum All Wheel and Tire Cleaner is excellent.

Probably like many, I try to gauge how effective rubber cleaners are by whether or not a white rag wipes off clean after a good scrubbing is done and how many times I have to go over the tire before that happens. It usually takes a while with many cleaners I`ve tried, but Platinum All Wheel made the tires dressing-ready after the first go-round. And the key to having well-dressed rubber, I think, is having clean rubber first.

I also like the fact that, like EO, Platinum cleans both tires and wheels.

+1 on the TW. It works very well. Then top with BnB or Eiman Fabrik Tire Gel.

xhaust50
04-24-2007, 01:10 PM
I currently use a diluted APC on the wheels and tires. Just make sure to remove all of the brown on the tire before dressing it, otherwise it will look like crap and the dressing won`t last. Tire shine is too subjective, find something that you like. Usually a second coat will add more shine.