PDA

View Full Version : Z-PC vs Menzerna IP

w.neurauter
04-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi,

As a lot of you I`m in the middle of placing my spring supply order. I have a black 2003 mustang gt. The paint is in good condition as far as contaminants and smoothness but I`ve got some moderate swirls.

I`m trying to consolidate the orders to as few as possible. I know I`m going to order a bunch of the 5.25" ccs pads from danase. I was thinking of either ordering Menzerna IP and FP II or should I just order z-pc as I wouldn`t mind trying out some clear seal as well. My worry is that z-pc will not be aggressive enough to get the swirls out. I want to make sure I`ve got everything to do the job right on the first try. Any thoughts?

I do have a PC that i will be using.

Thanks in advance for your help.

stilez
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
If you are sealing with a Zaino product, using Z-PC prior to will yield the best results. I`ve tried Z-PC and PO85RD side by side, then topped with Z5 Pro...The Z-PC side looked noticeably better and the application/removal was easier, too.

If I were you, I would get the IP and Z-PC.

wannafbody
04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I think that IP is slightly more agressive than ZPC but ZPC finishes better. FP2 is a finer finishing polish than ZPC. FP2 leaves a great finish but ZPC will finish down about the same on most paint if you work it suffficiently to break down the abrasives. For moderate swirls ZPC with orange and white pads should work. Or you could do IP on an orange pad followed by FP2 on a white pad followed by an ISO wipedown. On my NBM paint I couldn`t see a difference between FP2 and ZPC except in corners of edges and that may have been more of a pad issue than polish issue.

imported_rydawg
04-06-2007, 02:12 PM
I agree with Sean. ZPC finishes out extremely well even on black. Try it on a LC yellow or orange pad if you need more of a cut.

This is a picture after using ZPC on PC and LC white pad. I compounded first with a rotory with wool/compound. ZPC removed all the rotory/wool marks with ease and left this finish. This picture was BEFORE Z5 and a wipedown.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/rydawg04/bonneville%20ssei%20after/01BonnavileSSEI041.jpg (http://photobucket.com)

porta
04-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Ryan, try RD3.02 on black when you get it...

imported_rydawg
04-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Ryan, try RD3.02 on black when you get it...

I can`t wait! I will try every possible combo I know of. Thanks Marcus!

imported_Picus
04-06-2007, 07:17 PM
What kind of car is it? I like ZPC, but it does not finish down as well as 106ff or FPII on soft black paint, in my experience.

SpoiledMan
04-07-2007, 12:03 AM
What kind of car is it? I like ZPC, but it does not finish down as well as 106ff or FPII on soft black paint, in my experience.

I agree. I`ve tested ZPC side by side with IP and the IP did a much better job of improving the surface than did ZPC. Testing was done via rotary.

Scottwax
04-07-2007, 12:43 AM

True, I`ve found on soft black paint 106FF leaves the best finish. On harder paints though, ZPC and orange Edge Cyclo cutting pads removes light to moderate swirls and leaves an LSP ready finish.

imported_rydawg
04-07-2007, 12:49 AM
menzerna 106ff really show its true performance via rotory and is hard to be beat, well maybe 85rd:grinno: . Does work well with PC, but it`s in another league on rotory...

It`s so nice we have these fine polishes.

w.neurauter
04-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi,

Thank you everyone for the replies. It`s a 2003 Mustang GT, black. I`m not sure if Fords clear is considered hard or soft. Based on the model car would you push me toward the Menzerna or zpc more? Do either produce better results based on the PC being used and not the rotary?

You guys are great, I really appreciate your willingness to help me out here.

Bill

sneek
04-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Dang it...now I have to order Z-PC and 106FF. So many products, so little money.

Macruz19
04-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I have both IP and Z-PC for my PC. I use IP for my minor swirls and then do my "final polish" with Z-PC. Z-PC leaves my finish looking better and ready to bond with my Zaino products. Both are great products, and you I would get both.