PDA

View Full Version : New guy

wolfbastion
04-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi new here. ive had a couple of cars now and figured all there was to shinning up a car was waxing. so im just recently wraping my head around alot of new stuff. anywaise, i picked up a mother clay bar kit, comes with the detailing spray and the wax past itself. is there anything else that i can add into this that can get a really good shine that will last me even a little while? i dont mind putting in the work since i have till tuesday off. as well i wanted to protect the wheels i bought but i was having some trouble picking wich product to use as i have aluminum bronze painted rims. i bought eagle ones nano polish anticorosion as it sounded like it was safe for everything, not sure if im right though. as well i have a black car and i did search for answers befour i posted and alot of other questions where answered but couldnt find this stuff. any help would be great

wolfbastion
04-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Alright so ive read a little more into the learn section and i definetly have bad swirl marks. id like to use a polish but i cant seem to find where it fits in with teh clay process or if its even nesisary. should i wash-dry-clay-polish then wax? Please help befour i mess up my car even more.

RyanSilveraaydo
04-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Hey

Im sorta new at this stuff to but i dont think there should be anything wrong with that process. I havent had enough experience to give you much advice though, except for good luck detailing.

wolfbastion
04-06-2007, 10:49 AM
thanks.... well i guess ill try it out here goes

velobard
04-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Alright so ive read a little more into the learn section and i definetly have bad swirl marks. id like to use a polish but i cant seem to find where it fits in with teh clay process or if its even nesisary. should i wash-dry-clay-polish then wax? Please help befour i mess up my car even more.

Wash, dry, polish, and wax is fine. If you didn`t catch the section on how to clay, it comes in handy.

How-To Clean Your Paint with Clay (http://guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=14)