PDA

View Full Version : scratchX vs four star swirl remover

Pages : [1] 2

dubbkidd
04-05-2007, 06:47 PM
im interested in buying a swirl remover but im not sure which would suit me better...im looking for somehting that is not that aggressive but will work very well....

Monte78Carlo2k1
04-05-2007, 06:50 PM
I have only been disappointed in ScratchX from the first time I have used it. I have not used any of 4* products. But I have heard that their products are rarely mentioned but they are good products.

Roger V
04-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Will you be doing the correction via hand or PC?

dubbkidd
04-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Will you be doing the correction via hand or PC?

more like via rotary....

velobard
04-05-2007, 09:35 PM
ScratchX is formulated for the diminishing abrasives to break down appropriately when working by hand. Most other products are meant for use with machine buffing, although some do both well, most notably from what I`ve heard, 1Z polishes. I`ve barely tried them myself, but from everything I`ve heard they work well by machine, but even when used by hand they exceed ScratchX. My personal favorites when working my machine are first, Menzerna, and second, Optimum. I really can`t tell you much about 4 Star polishes, the only product of their`s that I`ve tried is Bazooka tire gloss.

imported_Nimble
04-05-2007, 09:42 PM
You might try the Four Star body shop Medium cut and Light cut compounds. They are more for actual removing of defects. Not that the ultimate line smr isn`t good, shoot I haven`t even used it, but I have had good success with the BS line of 4*`s polishes.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
The FS Ultimate line polishes are pretty decent polishes, and as said deserve more exposure and credit then whats been spoken of here. As with all FS products sold here and elswhere, the whole Ultimate Line is very good. The FS Body Shop line is severely underated.

1Z, well I havent put them up against Menzerna, but I wouldnt be afraid to either! A top grade polish in my experience.

imported_paradigm
04-05-2007, 10:38 PM
one of my experiences w/ 4* polishes...

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/78552-four-star-body-shop-products.html?highlight=star+body+shop

dubbkidd
04-07-2007, 09:08 PM
would using 4star polish along with an orange buffer pad be a good choice to use on a black car? that is about a yr old...

imported_Nimble
04-07-2007, 09:13 PM
yeah that would work just fine. then follow with the 4* BS LCC and a white pol pad. Then your lsp.

a.k.a. Patrick
04-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Are you talking about the SMR or the pre wax cleaner?

dubbkidd
04-08-2007, 12:43 AM
whats the 4star lcc ?

and i was refering to the smr

imported_Nimble
04-08-2007, 01:00 AM
light cut compound, they come in the orange, yellow, and white bottles. The ones you`re talking about are the more common 4* black label "ultimate" line. Those are supposed to work fine (the swirl remover, pre wax cleanser) but I have no experience with them.

dubbkidd
04-08-2007, 01:17 AM
will the ultra swirl mark remove work well with an orange pad used on an orbital buffer? and i am considering using classe aio after buffering the car possible klasse sg and then a top layer of p21s carnauba wax....will this make for a good long lasting protection and good, clean looks?

a.k.a. Patrick
04-08-2007, 06:11 AM
The FS LCC is light cutting compound. The SMR should allow you to go right to LSP.