PDA

View Full Version : Are the current stash of WW drying towels out there all the same ?

pingable
04-05-2007, 06:48 AM
I need a couple more WW towels for drying and based on current past posts, the current crops of WW drying towels all appear to be the same....AC, Excel and Pakshak.

If that is the case, the excel detail wins my order just based on pricepoint alone....

Eliot Ness
04-05-2007, 06:53 AM
The Excel Monterey WW is one of my favorite drying towels..... super soft and absorbent.

imported_Nimble
04-05-2007, 07:54 AM
The top brand WW drying towels are *close* to being the same. But I find that of the 3 I own, the Sonus is the softest/most absorbant.

wannafbody
04-05-2007, 09:34 AM
How many plants actually produce this stuff? I bet it`s not very many.

Jesstzn
04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I need a couple more WW towels for drying and based on current past posts, the current crops of WW drying towels all appear to be the same....AC, Excel and Pakshak.

If that is the case, the excel detail wins my order just based on pricepoint alone....

pakshak has a deal going and I just got shipping for $5

JasonD
04-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I have one cabinet that doesn`t do anything but hold all my mf towels from various different manufacturers and vendors, and I will say that most of them look, feel, and perform differently. Don`t ask me why because I don`t know, but they are definitely not the same, imo.

imported_WCD
04-05-2007, 02:09 PM
There are about 3 large mills in Asia where most of the microfiber originates. I will be visiting next summer. You will find a common formula of 75/25 for most. Material weight contributes to the weight of each towel and its density. Fiber count, stitching are also factors in price. That said, the blends allow for overall very good absorbing between any of the companies. I do see some that really upsell the towels a great deal. We have a vendor overseas doing very well and making a lot of money because his competition is marking up the towels about 500% or more. He is marking up about 300% and selling very quickly. You also have to consider customer service. Pakshak and others are known for great customer service.

I liken this conversation to the chemicals...there are not that many plants in the US making chemicals, but you have TONS of private label companies marketing to you guys about this new technology or that. If you get the MSDS sheets (if they even provide any), I bet the mixtures are very close. A simple change of scent and dye is somtimes the only difference.

Rob Regan

velobard
04-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Rob, to his credit, isn`t trying to push his own stuff, but I have had a good experience with WWs from his store. He has a deal going on now where you can buy 4 20"x40" and receive a 25"x36" free.

4 Pack of our New 20 x 40 inch WW Towels - WCDetail Products (http://www.wcdetail.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=157)

wannafbody
04-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Actually the nicest WW I have I bought at Target a few years ago. The WM ones are nice but they are a tad bit stiffer in comparison.

imported_Malachi
04-05-2007, 07:35 PM
The top brand WW drying towels are *close* to being the same. But I find that of the 3 I own, the Sonus is the softest/most absorbant.

I like Sonus` and the 28x54 Cobra Guzzler. In general, I will disagree with the statement that they are all about the same.

imported_Nimble
04-05-2007, 09:31 PM
I like Sonus` and the 28x54 Cobra Guzzler. In general, I will disagree with the statement that they are all about the same.

I own the Sonus, Cobra, and pakshak...so yes they are all about the same. :getdownHence why I said the "top brands."

kleraudio
04-05-2007, 10:09 PM
pakshak has a deal going and I just got shipping for $5

How did you swing that?

imported_Malachi
04-05-2007, 11:08 PM
I own the Sonus, Cobra, and pakshak...so yes they are all about the same. :getdownHence why I said the "top brands."

That does make sense. Relative to what you can buy over the counter there is a huge between them and the top brands.

imported_Nimble
04-05-2007, 11:21 PM
That does make sense. Relative to what you can buy over the counter there is a huge between them and the top brands.

I tend to agree, as does the dancing banana guy. :getdown