PDA

View Full Version : couldn`t resist....

graycat
04-04-2007, 05:26 PM
So I washed and waxed the rental that I`ll have for two weeks while my car is getting the rear quarter panel and bumper replaced. ( a ford econoline ripped it off) Its a 2007 Mazda 6 V6. With the paper tag still in the window from when enterprise bought it. I like mosto f you, don`t like to drive around in dirty cars so I did a quick wash and did NXT paste topped with NXT spray. Enjoy! BTW the main reason I had to wash it was because a few days after I got it we had a few inches of rain and it was covered it filth.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/DSC000012.JPG

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/DSC000051.JPG

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/DSC000031.JPG

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/DSC00002.JPG

Scottwax
04-04-2007, 05:52 PM
:LOLOL I`ve done the same thing when I`ve had to rent cars for more than a few days.

How does the Mazda6 drive?

kyotousa
04-04-2007, 05:54 PM
***...i understand if you wash it.....but wax?

lol...this is crazy

imported_cj99si
04-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Wax no, poli seal maybe;)

Looks good I do the same thing!

Ive washed other peoples renta cars I`ve had to drive in:D

BMW335i
04-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow, I would never detail a rental car. I would consider using one as a welcome break from the constant cleaning of my own car.

JB_TSX
04-04-2007, 06:53 PM
WOW, this is the first time I`ve heard of a rental being washed and waxed by the customer... You should get at least one free day of rental for your work... Good job..

BlueZero
04-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I always wanted to get a rental car to practice rotary on. :chuckle:

Imatk
04-04-2007, 07:20 PM
This is definately a first... I`ve never heard of this one... you got it bad man :)

euro
04-04-2007, 07:38 PM
...and I thought I had a sickness...you win! :rofl

silvergray
04-04-2007, 07:39 PM

Haha, I`ll probably do that if I move up to a rotary or Cyclo.

Scottwax
04-04-2007, 07:40 PM

Mike Phillips used one on the Focus he rented when he was in Dallas for a Meguiars training class.

firegate
04-05-2007, 06:17 AM
Hehe, I just detailed the Hyundai Azera I got as a rental replacement for my Solara (got rear ended by a guy hopped up on a bunch of drugs who didn`t know where he was). It`s black with 2000 miles and had swirls a mile deep that were driving me nuts, so I polished the thing out. I wonder if anyone will notice.

BlackElantraGT
04-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Man I haven`t even had a time to polish and wax my own car yet, let alone a rental! I can understand practicing using your rotary, or washing it to just have a clean car, but waxing AND applying the NXT Booster spray wax? (which takes as much time as the NXT Tech wax itself since it`s such a crappy product) That`s going a little too far if you ask me.

JohnZ3MC
04-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Graycat`s compulsion seems completely normal to me.

More than a couple of years ago my Stealth needed work at a dealership. The few days needed for the part to come in and the installation prompted me to rent a new Jeep with huge tires for the interim.

It was so overtired it floated on the road and felt quite unstable but those tires looked great. Looked great, drove lousy.

I couldn`t stand how they looked old even though they were new so I worked on them.

I had to play 20 questions with the rental agency when I took the Jeep back and ended up doing a little professional development (Pro-D - there`s a term Accumulator will recognize) with the yard staff.

When I read the Graycat`s first post I just nodded approvingly and gave him a silent `thumbs up`.

-John C.

graycat
04-10-2007, 01:51 AM
:LOLOL I`ve done the same thing when I`ve had to rent cars for more than a few days.

How does the Mazda6 drive?

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this... I`ve been really busy. It drives great. I would prefer a manual but the 6speed manumatic shifts pretty quick. The car has some grunt behind it. Very quick. The handling is impressive for a car this size, and visibility is awesome. I would purchase one if I was in the market. The headlights are great, especially the brights... the projector low beams stay on and its the best halogen setup I have seen. If you want to know anything else just let me know, I put about 1500 miles on it, so I had plenty of seat time.

To everyone else, I knew that I was going to keep the car a while, and it was completely nasty. I had it for a total of 25 days. And yes I used the booster to try and get rid of it lol. Keeping it clean payed off though... I forgot to completely fill it up before I took it back but they didn`t care.