PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo users - Porsche paint?

jdthompson
04-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I`ve a six month old Boxster in Meteor Metallic Grey. Last weekend was very bright direct sunlight and I noticed a few very light swirls/spiderwebs on the flat panels of the "hood and trunk" as I believe you call them :)

In my garage I have a polisher that is near as dammit a Cyclo, and bottles of Menzerna PO85RD and PO1055FF.

I also have Cyclo white, green and orange pads.

I`d appreciate any suggestions on how to go about tackling the paint please.

If it were something a little older and in worse shape I`d probably dive on in but naturally I`m worried about making worse something that is barely noticeable most of the time.

vdubbya
04-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Start with your white pads and if that isn`t enough to take out the light scratches change up to green.

You should have no problems.

Just make sure to mask up any black plastic or rubber around the headlights and such.

Accumulator
04-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, just don`t be surprised if you end up using the more aggressive pads after all. You might have to finish up with the white ones if that happens.

vdubbya
04-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Exactly, start off easy. If that doesn`t fix, be more aggressive then always finsh with white.

velobard
04-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Just curious, what`s the actual brand and model of your polisher?

jdthompson
04-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Just curious, what`s the actual brand and model of your polisher?

It`s a Biltema.

It`s basically a variable speed Cyclo clone in an ABS plastic housing.

I`m not sure anyone knows for sure what the innards are but it`s easier to refer to it as a Cyclo than as something nobody has heard of :)

This shows something very similar but more expensive SmarTool (http://www.smartvaleting.co.uk/index.php?cmd=cat&catid=24)