PDA

View Full Version : "The Wax Shop"

Darren F
04-04-2007, 02:41 PM
anyone ever use "The Wax Shop Liquid Glaze" ? Saw it on close out, bought it and was wondering if I should try it or throw it out...Says it will remove swirls, bugs, road grim and with use will add nutrients to the paint..

tom p.
04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Paint doesn`t need or want nutrients ;)

I`ve heard of the stuff, don`t know anything about it. Did you try searching on the phrase?

joshtpa
04-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I have tried it. It was given to me by a neighbor and it actually reminded me exactly of Nu Finish. The stuff that comes in the orange bottle. It was what it was. An OTC sealant that worked OK.

joyriiide1113
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
A few seasons ago I was visiting a family member at their house for the week. I offered to clean their car if they had any supplies. They had Blue Coral Car wash, Nu Finish, Mothers Pure Carnuba, and a few terry towels. Lets just say, their Cadillac Caterra looked sooo much better with simple mediocre products such as Nu Finish followed by Mothers Pure carnuba... In that situation, it did the best it could....

imported_Larry A
04-04-2007, 03:57 PM
The Wax Shop Super Glaze is a very thin carnuba wax , similar to a express wax.It was made for race cars because of its solvent base it would remove the oily film on the front of race cars after a race.It gave a very high gloss ,but didnt last very long. It is not like Nufinish at all because it doesent have any abrasives. The cleaning comes from the solvents in it. They are now owned by Turtle Wax.

imported_Blake
04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
laurencea hit it right on. At one time it was a fairly large concern being sold at NHRA events on their Manufacturer`s Midway. Very high gloss and appearance but it wasn`t long till it was gone. Not a bad product when you want a quick shine that won`t last.