PDA

View Full Version : Doing paint corrections on a section then Zaino....

Macruz19
04-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I want to reuse my PC on some parts of my hood to get rid of the deeper scratches. When my car is in direct sunlight my car looks flawless, but when it`s parked in the garage, you can see a few of the scratches I didn`t get out the first time.

Now that I have a little more of an aggressive polish and 4" cutting pads I just want to correct a small area.

My question... when I use the polish on that one section where the scratch is, do I just need to seal that one part , or would it be better to do the whole panel or hood? For instance, I use Zaino and I prep it like this..

Polish

Z-PC

Z-AIO

Z2p/Z5/p w/ZFX

Z-CS

Z-8

I`m just wondering what you guys do for a spot repair... Thanks :2thumbs:

coupe
04-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Just work on that 1 spot.

Macruz19
04-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Just work on that 1 spot.

what do you mean work on that one spot? you mean just seal the one section afterwards?

imported_paradigm
04-04-2007, 04:59 PM
yup, just reapply the Z in the area that you are polishing in. maybe overlap a little just to make sure you don`t miss a spot.

imported_themightytimmah
04-04-2007, 05:29 PM
I`d spot in the repair (Z-PC, Z-AIO, Z2P) then Z-CS and Z8 the whole panel.

Macruz19
04-04-2007, 08:25 PM

Yeah I like that idea, where if I CS the entire panel everything will look the same and be protected.

imported_memnuts
04-05-2007, 07:15 AM

Agree.

Even though a spot repair will be suffice one might as well do the whole panel. If entire vehicle is clean I would CS the whole shabang.:D