PDA

View Full Version : This is advertising that works...

imported_ajbarnes
04-04-2007, 05:31 AM
This has been in discussion before, and some of you may already know this, but if you are looking for a great and effective form of advertising, I can not stress enough the power of the internet!

Get a website (take your time and build a good professional one, or have it done professionally), a good domain name (your business name completely would work), and a email address with your domain (xxyz@suchandsodetailing.com) ---very professional.

As far as advertising, I simply have an ad on the ever so popular craigslist.org, a couple of free ads on superpages.com and a local yellow page directory, search engine submission, and a paid for ad on yellowpages.com.

The yellow book may yield little responses, but getting your ad on the online version works like a charm. So far this year, I have earned over $2,000 from internet advertising alone, and have received several phone calls. To top it all of, I just landed a huge $1,500 deal to detail 6 cars and 2 bikes over a three day period! I think I pay about $28 a month for that ad -- needless to say, I guess I already got an ROI! :spot

:xyxthumbs

imported_mirrorfinishman
04-04-2007, 06:52 AM
You are absolutely right, especially about the superpages.com. I listed my business on there for free a few years ago and I just went there, plugged in `automobile detailing` and my town and the results showed my detailing business first on the list. And those results are for a free listing.

By the way. I did a search there for `automobile detailing` in Philadelphia and of course your business was right up there. While I was there I submitted a favorable rating of your business. You will see it listed by FC of Williamstown.

Thanks for the heads-up about advertising that works!