PDA

View Full Version : Considering Buying a Pressure Washer

HenrikP
04-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Any recommendations? I am looking for something reasonable but reliable between $100 and $250. Electric between 1500 and 1800 psi. It seems as if Karcher has a pretty good monopoly going for them here in America as far as electric pressure washers go. Thanks in advance.

optimusp517
04-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Karcher is pretty good and I bought mine from Costco. It`s good enough for the job and not too much to take the paint off... If anything happens you can always bring it back to Costco and they`ll swap you a new one :)

LeadingEdgeDetail
04-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Only buy a Karcher if you get a warranty with it... I have returned every one I`ve bought (3 so far, all different models) very dissatisfied... The best one lasted me 10 months.

Driven Auto Detail
04-04-2007, 07:35 AM
I purchased a Husky 1800 PSI Electric PW from Home Depot a couple months ago for $170. I`ve used it about a dozen times and it`s great! The reason why I chose it over the Karcher is because the Husky has a 3-year warranty vs. Karcher`s 1-year warranty.

This Husky 1800 PSI pressure washer comes with a limited 3 year warranty. It comes with a 30 foot hose and gun assembly, dual chemical tanks, heavy duty gun and lance storage bins. It requires no assembly and is maintenance free.

• 1800 PSI Electric

• 3 year limited warranty

• No assembly required

• maintenance free

Internet/Catalog #100472692

Store In-Stock SKU # 242015

tom p.
04-04-2007, 08:38 AM
I bought a ~$150 Karcher at BJ`s a few years ago. Still going strong, I have certainly got my $$$ worth from it. WTS, if you are a frequent (weekly or more often) user, I`d look at a better quality unit. I think the Karchers are well-suited to somebody using it a few times per year.

kkreit01
04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
I have a small Campbell Hausfeld. I bought mine at Cummins. My first one was also a Campbell Hausfeld rated at 2200 PSI with the turbo wand. I used it to strip the paint off my deck. It was a little too powerful, and would also mar the wood. It ended up over-heating too often, so I exchanged it for a smaller one. This one has been great for 3 years. It`s rated around 1500 PSI -- which is plenty for car/house cleaning. I don`t always use it when washing the cars -- as it obviously takes longer to hook up. I wish it had a 25` hose. It comes in real handy for the winter grime, or summer bugs.

imported_doctordon
04-04-2007, 09:33 AM
I`ve got a gas-powered, like KKr, which is stronger than I`d want to point at decent paint, so bought a cheapo, electric Karcher at The Big Evil (Walmart) for <$100. It works pretty good but is no substitute for bending over and using a mitt. Maybe if I was in a mud or salt zone..the Karcher would be more important to a wash. A foamer was perhaps the best money I`ve spent .. after Jeffs and Zaino.

HenrikP
04-04-2007, 10:19 AM
I detail quite a bit. I like to use the hose on "Autopia" like details but when I detail cars that are used for mudding and such there is no point. I need something durable and sounds like Karcher isn`t quite that. Gas is always an option but it sounds like its more expensive to run in to long term.

thesacrifice
04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
how are you guys utilizing them for your details? rinsing before washing?

tom p.
04-06-2007, 10:38 AM
:: Karcher Alert ::

I was in ChinaMart this morning, Bellingham store, and saw 2 different Karchers. I`ve never seen them in this store previously. One unit was $98, the other $158.

HenrikP
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
how are you guys utilizing them for your details? rinsing before washing?

I use them for a good rinse before washing on the paint and then use it for the wheel wells and underbody throughout the wash. I`ve also used them for really dirty mats.

BaseSteala112
04-23-2007, 12:27 PM
For what its worth, I just picked up the Husky 1800 PSI from home depot and had a chance to try it out on a few cars. I consider it a very good tool for those who detail on the side because it gets the job done much more quickly and effectively and you save on water. Very good tool for the money. Just my $0.02.

Brandon