PDA

View Full Version : Bent Rims

Yaemish
04-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Last summer I found that two of my after market universal wheels were bent. The bends were only noticeable on the Hunter Road Force Balancer. I couldn`t visually tell. I was thinking about getting them fixed, anyone have experience with getting them fixed?

I was also looking to buy new ones, I was thinking a non-universal pattern would be stronger and less likely to bend. Is this true? Thanks in advance for the responses.

Monte78Carlo2k1
04-04-2007, 10:35 AM
I know there is a place thats near me ,wont help you in anyway, but they wanted to chare $100. Thats about half of what I paid new for one wheel. I opted to just buy a brand new one and keep the bent one for a just in case senario. Not going to say dont get it fixed just weight your options out thats all.

BigJimZ28
04-04-2007, 11:25 AM
did they balance out?

Diesel1
04-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Last summer I found that two of my after market universal wheels were bent. The bends were only noticeable on the Hunter Road Force Balancer. I couldn`t visually tell. I was thinking about getting them fixed, anyone have experience with getting them fixed?

I was also looking to buy new ones, I was thinking a non-universal pattern would be stronger and less likely to bend. Is this true? Thanks in advance for the responses.

Anytime you need wheels repaired, road rash fixed, chunks replaced, etc. go see Kevin at SL METALS in West Babylon (long Island). He does great work, great polishing, etc. He repaired a buddy`s high end Japanese imported wheel which was missing a chunk and had curb rash to better than new condition! PM me if you want his number.

Yaemish
04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
I had the guy measure them today. The two from the hunter are definitely bent but a third was outside of the 30% spec they need to be in for a proper balance. I`ve had them on 50 series tires so there is a bit of rubber on the road. I`m thinking that they may be too cheaply made for the weight of the Cadillac. For $300 I could have them all fixed, but how long will that last? I have only driven on them for 6 months at the most.