PDA

View Full Version : New Car, How to start?

adamwrx ny
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi, I`m new to autopia and detailing and recently got a new car, a silver subaru impreza wrx. The first things I need to fix are the paint chips. Some go down to the metal and some to the primer. There are so many little chips, I have to do it a section at a time. The question is, how should I protect my car in between touching up the paint. I know that I have to remove the wax and everything before fixing the paint, but Im not comfortable with having nothing to protect it. Any recommendations? Also, once I finish the chips, what is a good wash that won`t take of my wax. Thanks, and sorry if its a dumb question.

Adam

autobahnshine
04-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Check out Griot`s Garage. They`re waxes, car washes and Machine Polish 4 paired with an Orbital would be perfect your new car! You might also want to try Paint Sealant, if its a daily driver.

adamwrx ny
04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks alot for your help. I might have wrote it wrong but the car is a 2002, and right now, the paint is pretty bad. What is the first step I should take in bringing this car back to having beautiful paint?