PDA

View Full Version : Wax remover

Louis
04-01-2007, 06:39 PM
I am ready to use my newly purchased PC and want to know if I need to use a wax remover after I 1st clay the car? Or in fact, does claying remove all imperfections from the paint as well as the wax. If that is the case (that claying removes the wax) should I then use Sonus Paintwork Cleanser after claying? Thank you.

BigJimZ28
04-01-2007, 06:47 PM
claying will remove wax as well as polishing

so don`t worry about it

JasonD
04-01-2007, 07:07 PM
I am ready to use my newly purchased PC and want to know if I need to use a wax remover after I 1st clay the car? Or in fact, does claying remove all imperfections from the paint as well as the wax. If that is the case (that claying removes the wax) should I then use Sonus Paintwork Cleanser after claying? Thank you.

Clay doesn`t remove any imperfections, polishing does. Clay just removes any contamination that may be stuck to the paint.

Do you plan on polishing your car at all? If so, don`t use Sonus PC until after that.

Louis
04-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Yes I plan to polish after claying. I thought the Sonuw PC would follow claying. If not what are the Sonus products I need, and in what order are they applied? I have the clay and lubrication (from Griots). What is next?

LeadingEdgeDetail
04-01-2007, 09:23 PM
I sometimes use a wax & silicone remover for removing any tar, sap, or stuck on crap. To clean the entire car would be time-consuming, but it would remove basically as much as claying, and a lot easier with less marring...

I like it.. Tumbler Silicone & Wax remover for bodyshops

JasonD
04-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Sonus Paint Cleanser is just like it sounds, a paint "cleanser" that preps the surface by removing oils and leftover residue from polishing and gets it ready for a sealant or wax. I like to compare it to Klasse AIO.

Sonus sells a polishing line called SFX.

Louis
04-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Thank you.:chuckle:

BobD
04-03-2007, 07:44 AM
claying will remove wax as well as polishing

so don`t worry about it

Not always. A lot of times clay will not remove wax. Especially if you are using a fine clay.

BMW^Z4
04-03-2007, 07:54 AM
autoglym wax and tar remover is very good product !