PDA

View Full Version : Does ZAIO Replace ZFX?

BMW335i
04-01-2007, 01:40 PM
I understand ZFX is/was required for faster curing but now with ZAIO as a base can Z2/Z5 be applied WITHOUT ZFX and have the same results?

For instance, ZAIO, Z2x2, CS (no ZFX).

imported_memnuts
04-01-2007, 02:23 PM
No. If you desire multiple layers of Z2 or Z5 in one session, ZFX still must be used.

If you plan on only apply 3 layers that consist of ZAIO, Z2 OR Z5 and finish with CS, ZFX is not required.

If you plan on 5 layers in one session, the 3 middle layers of Z2 and/or Z5 must be enabled with ZFX (i.e ZAIO, Z2/5/ZFX x 3, finished with CS)

The trick is now one can apply 3 Zaino products containing sealant in one session without using ZFX.:clap:

I hope this helps.

jmillican
04-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I understand ZFX is/was required for faster curing but now with ZAIO as a base can Z2/Z5 be applied WITHOUT ZFX and have the same results?

For instance, ZAIO, Z2x2, CS (no ZFX).

See FAQ 6. at Zainostore.com

"Will I need ZFX for use with Z-2 PRO or Z-5 PRO after using Z-AIO?

Not unless you plan to accelerate cure time and apply multiple coats of Z-2 PRO or Z-5 PRO within a 12 hour period. "

wannafbody
04-01-2007, 10:40 PM
The rule is still 3 coats of any Z product per day or else risk overloading the polymer system and getting streaking

Scottwax
04-01-2007, 11:33 PM
ZAIO + Z5/Z2 + Z8 is what I`d use. One layer of either Z2 or Z5 is more than durable enough, maybe add another layer next time you wash for even coverage and maintain every few washes after that with Z8. 3 product, no mixing.

ZoranC
04-02-2007, 12:48 AM
It is my understanding that ZFX was never mandatory, except for the initial application, as long as next coat / layer was done after previous one was fully cured. However, it is also my understanding that use of ZFX in every coat was encouraged anyway for extra result. Also faq #4 encourages use of ZFX with ZAIO itself.