PDA

View Full Version : good foamgun/detergent?

whiteWRX
03-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi,

Looking for recommendations on a foam gun. I checked out the one at Autogeek and had a few questions.

1) is it any good?

2)Is the DP xtreme foam solution good (ie will it take away wax protection)

3)is the nozzle that comes with it any good for rinsing etc. it appears to lack any kind of spray adjustment

Thanx

dmxsoulja3
03-31-2007, 06:46 PM
I like DP xtreme foam, it doesn`t remove wax, it dwells really well, and overall I can`t see using to much else in there.

The nozzle sucks, lol thats my only gripe, your right, its on or off, no adjustment

whiteWRX
03-31-2007, 06:48 PM
any nozzle recommendations?

dmxsoulja3
03-31-2007, 06:52 PM
I use the one it came with, just sucks taking it on and off, but its quick release, its not all that bad

Black Diamond
03-31-2007, 08:56 PM
+1 for DP. The only thing that bothered me was that it didn`t seem to go very far if you mix it according to the directions. I am looking for something else to use that may go a little further.

Accumulator
04-01-2007, 11:49 AM
What kind of shampoo you like will probably depend on how you use the foamgun, but I like Griot`s Car Wash. Effective, *great* lubricity, and *very* gentle on LSPs. But I don`t want a thick layer of foam clinging to the vehicle, that`s not how I use the foamgun.

The "nozzle" of the foamgun is what makes the suds/foam, it`s not something you change. If you want to improve the thing, remove the pistol grip and replace it with some other kind of shutoff, the angle of the pistol grip just doesn`t work well for me..but again, I suppose it depends how you use the thing...