PDA

View Full Version : 303 protectant, NO.

Pages : [1] 2

Changeling
03-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Guys, I have reciently posted a couple of posts concerning an interior cleaner and protectant that you would use. There were lots of suggestions with `303 Aero Space protectant" being a favorite on this forum and Meguiars APC + .

However if you can`t find/get a product it is of very little use to anyone! I checked every where in Frederick Maryland today to no avail. I am very tired of searching for the proverbial product/s at the end of the rainbow so I would like to ask this question again.

I ordered a gallon of Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus (+) today from a paint store in Frederick Maryland. No Fuss no Muss!

Absolutely no one in this same area has any knowledge of "303 Aerospace Protectant".

What is an awesome protectant that is compatible with APC+ as a base?

(Available on a national level)! I do NOT wish to search for the impossible dream anymore, just find some desent products sold where there is a a chance of "doing it right", at a reasonable price!

Changeling

cole
03-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Online. That is where I got mine. I don`t think is any better than the OTC products that I can find at Wal Mart, Target, AutoZone, etc. Maybe its my eye.

BMW335i
03-30-2007, 06:40 PM
You need to go to a marine store...I got mine from West Marine. Luckily I live 5 min from the Atlantic Ocean ;)

imported_Picus
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Weird, even Canadian Tire carries 303, and they don`t carry anything worthwhile...

Buy it online. :)

Oh, and to answer your actual question: Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer.

AL-53
03-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Change..try calling Marine supply places and also RV places....

AL

NickelPlated.45
03-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah marine supply places!

There`s a boat dealer down the street from me that stocks it.

Or you can order it online!

303 is definitely some good stuff. So is Megs APC but i hate the way it smells.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Its not necessarily what you see with 303. Its selling point is its protection, and lack of greasiness........

imported_Nimble
03-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I can walk 1.02694 miles to our local Murray`s and pick it up OTC.

firegate
03-30-2007, 07:58 PM
If you absolutely must buy an OTC protectant and can`t find 303 (try Marine shops as suggested), Meg`s #40 VRCC is a nice protectant as well.

Strokin04
03-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Here is the link for Where to Buy 303, I hope this may help you in your search for 303. Mike...

Where to Buy 303 Products, International Retailer, and Distributor Information and Search Locator (http://www.wheretobuy303.com/)

BigAl3
03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
i noticed kragen now carries 303...

paul34
03-30-2007, 08:56 PM
For most detailing supplies, its well worth just buying them together at an online store

I barely ever bother checking stores to see if they have products I use, because I know they don`t. Only exception is Armor All Tire Foam.

Changeling
03-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Here is the link for Where to Buy 303, I hope this may help you in your search for 303. Mike...

Where to Buy 303 Products, International Retailer, and Distributor Information and Search Locator (http://www.wheretobuy303.com/)

Strokin 04, I owe you! Thanks very much for the link. I found it about 30 miles from me.

Patrick, I absolutely hate air conditioning, so the attributes of "Lack of greasiness and protection" are perfect for me.

Al-53, you were right ! Thats where I found it , a "Marine" store.

Thanks to all the others who took the time to help.

Changeling

PS. Patrick I love it when it is HOT (with low humidity). Last summer I was giving my neighbor a ride to pick up his car from a shop when he asked me to pull over, I did, he said turn on the dam air or I`m walking, LOL (It was over 100 in my truck)! I had forgotten that not everyone likes heat like I do!!

a.k.a. Patrick
04-01-2007, 12:00 AM
PS. Patrick I love it when it is HOT (with low humidity). Last summer I was giving my neighbor a ride to pick up his car from a shop when he asked me to pull over, I did, he said turn on the dam air or I`m walking, LOL (It was over 100 in my truck)! I had forgotten that not everyone likes heat like I do!!

You my friend are a sick individual!! LOL

Today was about as warm as I like it. Probably around 78 or so.......Any hotter and I start complaining, and the job suffers!

BigAl3
04-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Today was about as warm as I like it. Probably around 78 or so.......

agreed, try living in out here in the inland empire! soooo hot!! :hairpull