PDA

View Full Version : Ahh the sweet smell of deals in the air a Big Lots

imported_Nimble
03-30-2007, 02:46 PM
So this "Nascar" sponsored company Ecolab has a arse ton of products at my local big lots. Foaming glass cleaner, 64oz bottls of car wash, liquid wax, tire shine, etc. I picked up 2 of the 64 oa Car washes for only 2 bucks each, I`m about to go try it out on my Duraglossed car and see what happens (oh no haha). They only had one bottle left of the foaming glass cleaner at only $1.50. I also picked up a Simoniz liquid carnauba wax kit with foam app for only 2 bucks.

But the mother load came from the one Black Magic car kit they had for TWO DOLLARS! This had to be at least $40 when new, it has a mf glass towel, mf buffing towel, tire brush with long handle, bug and tar sponge, detail brush, wheel spoke brush, and 3 fairly soft foam pads. I`m wondering if these migh be tough enough to buff out scratches with? If not, I`ll apply tire shine with them. It all came in a sweet clear large plastic bag. I took some pics, check them out below. All the bog lots are supposed to have the ecolab nascar stuff because it`s in the ad.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u238/Nimble27/DSCN2103.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u238/Nimble27/DSCN2102.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u238/Nimble27/DSCN2101.jpg

imported_Nimble
03-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Just got done washing with the blue car wash and it was watery in concentrate form, but it foamed up very nicely. I don`t know how else to rate it, as all you guys claim to feel a slickness difference after using car wash soap, I cannot. It seemed to leave my LSP in good form and worked well. My car is never *that* dirty though, so any foamy substance would clean it just fine. I`m going to use it mainly for customer washes before a buff. Doesn`t matter what you use at that point, just something to get the dirt off.

I waxed my wheels with the Simoniz liquid wax, and well, it worked like a wax should. It`s not like a wax ever made that much of a difference between brands anyways. It works just as good as my CMW I applied on the hatch a few min later, go figure.

Big Leegr
03-31-2007, 02:50 PM
I`ve tried the glass cleaner. It seemed pretty good.

(As an aside, the Simoniz wax is actually a "Canadian" wax. It`s the store brand for Canadian Tire here. (Which is actually Black Magic relabeled, I think. ;) )

AL-53
03-31-2007, 03:28 PM
Yes..The Simoniz is Black Magik and the soap is Blue Coral...who owns Black Magic also...All part of the EcoLab company...Simoniz has some home based products and some outsourced products ....The cheap stuff you see at wal mart called simoniz 2000 is outsourced .....There wash tunnel stuff is home based

Al

OrlandoT
03-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Love these deals, and the additional pictures!

How good are those Black Magic MF towels? I`ll have to check it out along with the pack of MF towels at Target. Btw, wax on tires? Wild.

imported_Nimble
03-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Love these deals, and the additional pictures!

How good are those Black Magic MF towels? I`ll have to check it out along with the pack of MF towels at Target. Btw, wax on tires? Wild.

Haha, no just wax on the metal wheels themselves. The MF "Buffing" towel that`s yellow isn`t too bad, but I have much nicer ones to use from Cobra, Danase, and Sonus for buffing purposes. The glass towel that came with the kit seems really nice too, it has a really soft feel and works for streak free wiping on glass.