PDA

View Full Version : Help me out , #26 liq. vs PW

Fallz
03-30-2007, 11:58 AM
I`ve been playing on the truck ,( metallic gray ).

I`m having a hard time telling in the overcast or flour. lights . Maybe if the sun was out I would be able to see it better .

What do you think will give a deeper look ?

Wetter/shinier look ?

Durability ?

Your thoughts ?

Bioman
03-30-2007, 02:19 PM
I think the paste wax is better in all aspects slightly over the liquid. But I prefer the liquid because its easier to use.

Scottwax
03-30-2007, 02:30 PM
I can`t imagine there would be much, if any visual difference between the liquid and paste versions of #26.

Now, if I read your question a bit differently and you are asking about the liquid version of #26 vs FK`s Pink Wax, then the main difference is that Pink Wax will have a brighter look.

slippy
03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
On metallic grey, FK#1000p will probably give the best overall look(bright,wet,shiny),plus you get durability that is second to none.

For a deeper look,you could try Clearkote CMW,which i think is a great underrated,durable,liquid carnauba.

Fallz
03-31-2007, 01:16 PM
I put a coat of 1000p over it which is one of my fav`s . Its does look wetter , but brighter ( which I knew it would ) . My goal is to darken the look of the paint , with a wet look , depth , shine.

I don`t have a lot of faith in CMW, most of their products never impressed me except QS. I`d rather stick to the #26 than the CMW.

Maybe if I top the 1000p with another coat of #26 or Natty Blue. I prob. need to strip and start over. !1000p is like adding a coat of clearcoat to your car everytime you wax it , dripping wet , just not the depth.

Scottwax
03-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Carnauba Moose has been pretty durable for me. It definitely has excellent depth and will darken the paint. After I try other stuff on my own car, I usually end up with CMW on it.

Fallz
04-01-2007, 09:24 AM
OK scott maybe I`ll give it another try , would RMG help going down first ?

joshtpa
04-01-2007, 09:48 AM
I am falling in love with their whole product line. Vanilla Hand, RMG, and Carnuba Moose all have great results.

Fallz
04-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Will RMG clean off the other waxes / sealants ? or what should I use in the CK line ????

I have the following :

CMW = (lsp)

MW = ( cleaner wax , but not sure )

VMW hand glaze = ( not sure what its for or how to use it ) or when ? lol

RMG = ( when should this be put down )

QS = little bit left , need to order more

RVL = (rubber,vinyl,leather) works great on tire`s , very natural look , cleans white letters , dry right away , no sling , never tried it on interior though so maybe some thoughts on that .

HELP ME OUT GUYS

Scottwax
04-01-2007, 11:30 PM
VM-light swirl removal, polishing pad, work in at 5, buff in at 6.

RMG-final glaze, finishing pad, spread at 4-5, sort of just melts into the paint after 2-4 passes.

CMW-final wax

Moose Wax-door jambs, faded hard plastic, etc

Fallz
04-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks , Scott I knew you would be able to steer me in the right direction.