PDA

View Full Version : Year old latex paint-detail tomorrow

Don
05-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I have a detail tomorrow that involves a car that ran over a can of interior latex paint...LAST YEAR!!! I went to take a look at it tonight after work, and the mafority of the paint is on the lower section behind the rear wheel. Some of it is splash, but about the lowest 3" is heavily covered.

I tested a few areas with some clay and on the thinner areas, it seemed like the paint was starting to dissolve because the Quick Detailer was starting to turn white. I didn`t even try the lower section.

The customer doesn`t expect me to get it all off, but *I* believe I should be able to to get it all off. Before I left, I gave the area a blast of WD-40 hoping that it would soften the latex a bit by tomorrow.

Anyone have any other ideas??

CharlesW
05-10-2005, 08:30 PM
There is a product intended for removing dried latex paint. (Or so they advertise)
I think it might be called "Oops".
Haven`t needed to try it so I don`t know how it would work.
You might be able to find out the active ingredient and buy a gallon for a lot less money.

Charles

tubafeak
05-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Home Depot or somewhere like that should have latex paint remover. It is not strong enough to harm auto paint and should be just what you need.