PDA

View Full Version : Poli- Seal Final Polish?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_DieselMDX
03-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Anyone use PS as a final polish after using a compound to remove haze and micro marring from a compound?

Should I use a white or orange LC pad?

imported_Bence
03-29-2007, 09:01 PM
I used it with Menzerna`s 5 inch orange pad which is their one-step pad. It is fairly stiff, but it will finish beautifully. They have a hard white cutting pad and a knitted wool pad.

It worked outstandingly with Riwax` 6.5 inch low profiles; with all three hardnesses (light cut, polish, finish - all on the softer side of their respective spectrums).

firegate
03-29-2007, 09:07 PM
OPS finishes out nicely with a polishing pad - should be able to remove micromarring with an LC white providing the clear isn`t too hard. I generally use it with a Propel Green.

Scottwax
03-29-2007, 09:36 PM
I normally use either white LC polishing pads via PC and white Cyclo finishing pads via Cyclo. Does a great job removing minor hazing and leaving a really nice finish.

imported_DieselMDX
03-30-2007, 10:38 AM
thanx guys going to use it today!

Envious Eric
03-30-2007, 01:08 PM
on hard clears, my poliseal did absolutely nothing - BMW

on my soft toyota clear, poliseal took out some defects and left the finish super slick and glassy!

on a brand new car I did, poliseal left a super slick perfect finish - nissan sentra

all used with a white LC pad on the PC at speed 5, as 6 makes it disappear too quickly for me

norcalg
03-30-2007, 01:30 PM
I was amazed at how OPS was able to remove the micromarring left behind after using OP on an Edge green w/rotary. And this was using a PC with an Edge blue, just to see how much work it would be. I didn`t have to work it much at all. This was on 07 Infiniti black.

imported_Bence
03-30-2007, 01:32 PM
I`ve never got marring from OP...

norcalg
03-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Could be from my new car being only 2 months old so the paint might still be a little soft. Would the paint still be hardening at this point or should that process already have completed?

Maybe I should try OP on Edge blue, though the blue seems a bit too soft.

And yes, swirls all thanks to my dealer when I first bought the car.

firegate
03-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Could be from my new car being only 2 months old so the paint might still be a little soft. Would the paint still be hardening at this point or should that process already have completed?

Maybe I should try OP on Edge blue, though the blue seems a bit too soft.

And yes, swirls all thanks to my dealer when I first bought the car.

I`d guess that the marring was from the pad itself - cutting pads like the edge green don`t always finish out sans micro-marring, particularly on softer clears.

imported_DieselMDX
03-30-2007, 04:52 PM
used it on my detail today and it came out great, i will post pics in click and brag

used a orange pad tho cause i dont get anything from it with a white pad

norcalg
03-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Good point. I started on green with OP on a PC and it was just taking too long so I broke out the rotary and used the same pad. I only did a few panels so I`ll step down to blue and see how that goes.

imported_Bence
03-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Bert, how much product are you using when working with OP?

The factory paints are fully cured and hardened when they reach the owner. Well, typically...

norcalg
03-30-2007, 05:57 PM
I was not using much at all, after my initial thin circle. About 4 pea size dots spread out a bit. Maybe I should`ve worked it a little longer? Oh, and one more thing, I only saw it in certain areas, not the entire panel.

imported_Bence
03-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Interesting. The amount seems to be correct, but OP breaks down quite quick when the speed is right. Of course, the extra workability is great so you can benefit a lot from the full potential of the polish. The most valuable observation is the patchy nature of the marred areas. Maybe some "invisible" picked up dirt/dust? Do the marred patches show a certain pattern? Or were they "special" areas where the paint was butchered a bit more by the dealership?