PDA

View Full Version : Can I TOP ZAINO with glaze/nuba

pingable
03-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Maybe this logic won`t make any sense but here goes

Jet Black Daily Driver getting Polished, but not POLISHED TO PERFECTION since I know the finish will be gone by the following week. I just want to bring back some of the depth in the black paint !

As a NEW regimine, I want to use Zaino as the 1st coat. Maybe even 2 coats. This will be my sealant protectant.

THEN, I would like to use Meg #81 glaze followed by #26 . This is to fill in any non perfection polished car, and the wax is to lock in the haze.

I would use #81 / #16 to maintain the finish on the car with the whole premise that Zaino is the *sealant/protectant* barrier.

imported_GregCavi
03-29-2007, 06:58 PM
What do you mean by finish will be gone in a week? :nixweiss

You can top zaino with carnauba but I would be willing to be a glaze would remove the zaino.

Greg

pingable
03-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Valet Parking. These guys tend to put their hands on door B pillars, and door panels.....

Even if the paint was perfect, mar free, on a Sunday, and I drive and park to work that very next monday.....it will be marred somehow by the valet parking attendent.

Paulie Walnuts
03-29-2007, 07:04 PM
What do you mean by finish will be gone in a week? :nixweiss

You can top zaino with carnauba but I would be willing to be a glaze would remove the zaino.

GregA true glaze does not have cleaners so in theory it would just sit on the surface of the Zaino. Personally I would not top Zaino with anything other than other Zaino products. I have topped it with many a nuba and with the exception of one wax it just muted the look of Zaino and why else spend the money on Zaino if you dont want it to look Zainoed. If you want a sealant that you can top I would get something like Werkstatts, Wolfgang, FK2180 or PBs EXP.

Scottwax
03-29-2007, 09:52 PM
I don`t really like using carnaubas over sealants. Zaino, Werkstatt, UPP, etc, I leave as is and maintain with their respective detail sprays.

imported_GregCavi
03-29-2007, 10:22 PM
I don`t really like using carnaubas over sealants. Zaino, Werkstatt, UPP, etc, I leave as is and maintain with their respective detail sprays.

I would just suggest using the Zaino sealants. They are very durable. As far as the marring, a carnauba won`t mar any less than a sealant will.

Greg