PDA

View Full Version : Recomendation New Auto

infoman1
05-10-2005, 06:36 PM
What are your recommendations for detailing a 1 month old auto which is white. I have lots of products in the cabinet, but I am more interested in maintaining that brillant finish and longer protection. Your product reccomends and combination are appreciated.

Since its new, there are no swirls, blems or other, so the SSR applications I can safely assume can be skipped?

I was thinking of using AIO, a coat of EX, a coat of Liq Souveran, topped with a paste carnuba. Too intense? Or just go with an all in one product?

GregCavi
05-10-2005, 06:45 PM
WEll i would do something on the lines of this.

Wash
Clay
Wash
SSR2 (get rid of any possible blemishes)
AIO
Sealent and or Wax

Greg

Poorboy
05-10-2005, 07:38 PM
What are your recommendations for detailing a 1 month old auto which is white. I have lots of products in the cabinet, but I am more interested in maintaining that brillant finish and longer protection. Your product reccomends and combination are appreciated.

Since its new, there are no swirls, blems or other, so the SSR applications I can safely assume can be skipped?

I was thinking of using AIO, a coat of EX, a coat of Liq Souveran, topped with a paste carnuba. Too intense? Or just go with an all in one product?

I would think AIO and a coat of LS would give you what you want at this point.
EX would mute the white a little as would a paste wax.:)

CharlesW
05-10-2005, 07:49 PM

I was thinking of using AIO, a coat of EX, a coat of Liq Souveran, topped with a paste carnuba. Too intense? Or just go with an all in one product?My broken record suggestion.
Prep with Klasse AIO and finish with 4 Star UPP. :)

Charles

laefd
05-10-2005, 08:10 PM
:yeah Definitely clay (it`ll need it), some type of polish (I prefer AIO but Poorboy`s Pro works just as well on white for me) and top with UPP x 2. I have a white Sequoia, big o SUV, and the pop is great!

Good luck and enjoy the white!!

JeffM
05-10-2005, 08:16 PM
UPP on white looks pretty good.

What makes white stand out though is to have your black trim and what not, as black as it can be, the chrome as blinging as possible, tires perfect, windshield with a sheen to it ect.

JaredPointer
05-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Wash & clay (definitely clay)
Poorboy`s SSR1 on either a polish or finish pad

For a warmer look: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
For a bright, shiny look: 4* UPP

I don`t think I`d top either one of them.

05SilverTRD
05-11-2005, 08:25 AM
I detailed my sisters white Ranger when it was new and I did this"

Wash
Clay
Wash
AIO
UPP X 2

The white really shined. As mentioned before. making sure the black trim, tires and chrome looked good made the white stand out more.

Scott P
05-11-2005, 08:34 AM
I`d go with UPC as a base coat in lieu of AIO if you were going to top it with UPP. I think it does a very nice job of prepping the surface for UPP. It leaves a slick surface behind that lets the UPP glide on in wicked thin coats.

infoman1
05-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for all of the helpful sugesstions. I have never used 4* but sounds as if it`s the product of choice. No need to top the UPP with anything else?

JaredPointer
05-11-2005, 01:25 PM
No need to top the UPP with anything else?

That`s personal preference, but in all reality, no there`s no real reason to do it other than trying to get a different look. :)