PDA

View Full Version : Noob question about layering -- time to wait, etc.

kkreit01
03-29-2007, 02:00 PM
I just joined yesterday. I`ve been reading a lot, and trying to learn all the acronyms. Based on some reviews here, and elsewhere, I picked up some Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss from Big Lots. I plan to top it with S100 (from my local Harley dealer). Do I need to wait 12-24 hours between layering these products? I`ve read it`s best to wait for synthetic products. If I have to wait, can I wait 1 week? I typically only get time on the weekends.

For now, I plan to stick with products I can buy locally. My current stash consists of a lot of Big Lots scores: S.S. Nathans, The Wax Shop, etc. I`m always wanting to try new products, and often get bored before one is empty. As a "family guy", I`m also on a budget. Thus, the Turtle Wax for $3.50, and S100 for $15.99. I hope to try Mothers FX on my second vehicle (+ S100). Once I go mail order, there`s lots I`d like to try. Oh no, first I`m stashing oil (BITOG member), now car care products!

Sorry for the rambling. Thanks in advance.

ConglomrationAL
03-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Just over night is long enough. if you put one layer on saturday then just wait til sunday and put one more layer. Make sure you QD before putting the second layer on though.

One week should be fine though, just wash and then put a second layer on.