PDA

View Full Version : Removing Spots in paint

pgp
03-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I have a 2001 Pontiac. I did a wash and wax this weekend and noticed some spots on the spoiler. (It`s plastic, OEM part.) They are only on the spoiler. It`s almost like something was on the paint and dried, could be water spots I guess. I can not feel them. I have no idea what they are from, the car sits out 24/7. I tried to take a picture of them ,but they did not show up too well. I am not sure how to post a pic anyway. I tried a cleaner wax on a few. Any other suggestions how to remove them?

BigJimZ28
03-28-2007, 07:16 PM
did you clay?

How-To Clean Your Paint with Clay (http://guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=14)

pgp
03-28-2007, 07:30 PM
I will try some Clay, do you think scratchX would work?

pgp
05-31-2007, 05:18 PM
I tried scratch-x with minimal results. I then tried a polishing compond and this worked better , but I have to concentrate on each spot and work it in. I wish I had or could use a buffer here. In this complex, I have no electricity where I park.

ZeroDfx
06-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I have the same thing on the rear spoiler of my wife`s 2003 G35 coupe; it`s about the size of a dime and is impervious to every solution I`ve tried. I`ve clayed it, polished it, tried various cleaning solutions, and I can`t find anything that removes it. It`s not all that visible to anyone else, but I know it`s there and it bothers me. I`m trying to learn to live with it. I can only imagine it`s bird poop that wasn`t washed off quickly enoiugh and managed to etch the paint.

Let me know if you find a solution.

Thanks, Nick

pgp
06-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I tried a polishing compound (Turtle Wax - green tub- I had it already) again yesterday and it worked somewhat, but I have to concentrate on each spot and work at it. I applied Meg.Gold Class after that. I believe they are water spots from a passing shower on a sunny day. There are so many on there and they are about the right size.

joshtpa
06-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Scratch X will work, but you have to do it many times. Without a buffer, it is one of the best by hand. Keep working on it, and it will come out. You can also try some 3M rubbing compound by hand. It is a good OTC product that works with very good results.