PDA

View Full Version : Current Autopia Friendly E-Tailers & Discounts/Promotions ??

Pages : [1] 2 3

2JZFAN
03-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Hey guys, I am finally in the need of some new gear.. I`ve been detailing like crazy the last few months. Everyone I know has a slick ride thanks to me. :waxing: Anyhow I`ve been looking into a number of new things to get and I wanted to know who some of the Autopia supporting e-tailers are now-a-days.. I`ve purchased from a few before and probably will again but not everyone carries everything.

I`m mainly looking for competitive prices on all the favorites.. Menzerna (IP, FPII, PO85RD), LC CSS pads, MF towels, 303, RMG, and maybe some Claymagic or any other good clay bars. My pads are tired.. I never thought my clay bars were all that good.. I`m out of IP.. getting low on FPII.. and have always wanted to try PO85RD or RD3.02 and the LC CSS pads. :woot2:

I know I`ll probably be placing orders at a few places but I`d appreciate any help.. Do we still get discounts? If so, please PM me or post `em up. Thanks for your time guys. :up

2JZFAN
03-28-2007, 11:51 AM
:nixweiss all day without one reply.. well let me get it started.

Back in the day I purchased from Pak-shak and I really liked their MF and RMG prices.. Considering how far they are the S&H was fair and shipping time wasn`t surprisingly quick. Overall I was pleased with my purchase from Pak-shak and think I might do some shopping there again.

As for other Autopia e-tailers I`ve noticed Danase.com who is new.. Their prices are a bit higher but I think they offer us 10% for being a member here and possibly 15% if we join their forums. I didn`t do the math but I think 15% would bring the prices down around where they should be.. There`s also SuperiorCarCare but I`m not sure of any discounts for us.. I read of some but I guess they passed.

Is this the right section for this because after 40+ views I haven`t received one reply..? I wanna order something today, this money is burning a hole in my pocket! :help:

Grimm
03-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Bob at Danase is a great guy. I`ve found his prices are right in line with pretty much everyone on any product he carries. Pakshak is lower on towels, but for everything else I`ve looked at he is right in line. But atop of the prices, Bob gives the absolute best customer service you can ask for. Another tidbit that doesn`t often get noticed, is that his shipping charge is much better than many of the other places, which is nice when you have a smaller order. And yes, he does give Autopia members a 10% discount.

imported_Dave1
03-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Is this the right section for this because after 40+ views I haven`t received one reply..? I wanna order something today, this money is burning a hole in my pocket! :help:

Don`t sweat a few bucks to get what you want.......

Danase has quality stuff and their service is excellent.

Now what are you waiting for?

Get your order in...........:xyxthumbs

2JZFAN
03-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the help guys :spot

I am going to place an order with Danase for my LC CSS pads, QEW, 303 protectant, and 303 convertible top cleaner. I`m also placing an order with Rannay at PakShak for a bunch of MF towels and some 32oz. of RMG. Now I just need to find some RD3.02, I`m still waiting to hear back from one source but nothing yet. I`ll let you guys know how that turns out. If I can`t source any RD3.02 I plan on just getting some 106FF from PakShak as I`ve always wanted to try it too.

If any of you know where I can get some RD3.02 right now please post or PM me as I would greatly appreciate it. :xyxthumbs

see_otter
03-28-2007, 04:55 PM
More props for Danase here!

Lightning fast shipping! (and reasonable, free if you spend enough)

Free Ultra Plush towel for every $50 spent (really nice towel BTW :up )

Really good Customer service (had one item missing from my order and it was corrected and on my doorstep in record time)

Jeremy

Sherman8r44
03-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Second everything said about Danase` above...

Fast shipping, great customer service, forum discount, nice selection, and fair prices. Shipping cost is high on smaller orders, but on large ones it barely changes and it becomes very reasonable.

2JZFAN
03-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Well I got some Menzerna but not the RD3.02 I was looking for at first. I spoke with three very nice foreigners (Thanks porta, Daragh, and David) who helped me make a selection and ultimately place an order. I decided on a combination of PO85RE5 (32oz) and 16oz each of 106FF and 85RD so I think I`ll have all bases covered. Roughly 32oz. from Daragh @ smartcarcare.ie ends up being about 30$ USD so with s&h everything wasn`t bad at all compared to what 106FF goes for in the states. Thanks again guys! :woot2:

Everything said about Danase is true, I signed up for the forums and placed an order. I look forward to my LC CSS pads and 303 protectant from Bob and the team at Danase.

I also decided to re-stock some oldies but goodies. I dislike buying from companies in state (FL) because of obvious reasons but Autogeek has a nice coupon for free shipping for forum mebers over there. I thought their shipping was a bit high but with this coupon it was free so the tax didn`t bother me as much. I purchased some RAGG Topp, Pinnacle Crystal Mist Spray, Pinnacle Microrejuvenator, Optimum Car Wash, and a nice brush. All in all it was smooth and I really like what they`ve done with the site. Here at Autopia we receive a 10% discount using our code but the free shipping coded worked out to be less for me.

I`m still waiting to hear from someone at PakShak so I can place my order there. I`m looking to pick up 2 of those great waffle weave towels, 12 of those new microband plush towels, some more RMG, and a few 16x16 at 2.95$ for glass and other misc things. Once I get a reply I`ll have everything I wanted ordered. Thanks for your help guys!

For anyone looking for a nice deal here are some cliff notes:

Danase Discounts: 10% for Autiopia Members / 12% for Danase Forum Members

Autogeek Discounts: 10% for Autopia Members / Free S&H for Autogeek Forum Members

Junebug
03-29-2007, 06:36 AM
I`ve had good luck with Autogeek and Properautocare (CMA) - their web sites were great and they ship fast -but I`m on the east coast so take that in to consideration. Lately I`m finding local stores that carry most of what I need, except for Optimum of course.

Way2SSlow
03-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Try Danase once. If there really is a dollar or two price difference, I`m sure you`ll forget about it after the transaction. :D

joshtpa
03-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Danase is great. Bob is wonderful, plus you get the 10% discount. the others are also great but I cant comment on properautocare shipping, becuase they are 2 miles from my home and just stop by.

kleraudio
03-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Bob at Danase.com is amazing! You wont be dissapointed, great customer service!!

Jim

RyanDe680
03-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Bob at Danase is great. I purchased some items from him about 6 weeks ago and his customer service is great.

To me his prices are in line and the discount makes it even better...

2JZFAN
03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Ok well I got everything I needed and more! :dance

Ranney from PakShak got in touch with me and told me how their program works. Autopia member do receive a discount but it has to be applied manually by PakShak. I ordered another waffle weave towel, 12 of the new microband plush towels, and some RMG. My old PakShak MF towels have held up great so I can`t wait to get these.

I also decided to pick up some HTEC and OPS since everyone keeps talking about it. I can`t wait to try this stuff on some other paint, mainly a new black Mazda Miata. I ordered from Topoftheline who I hadn`t heard from before but I enjoyed my experience. They don`t have a real discount for members of any forums but instead a rewards program for returning customers.

All in all I had a fun couple of days burning through my money and buying from our vendors. You can get anything and everything you`d ever need at a fair price by dealing with the vendors I have listed in this thread. I`ve already got tracking information from Danase and smartcarcare.ie :D

So to finalize the list of discounts by vendor I dealt with:

Danase Discounts: 10% for Autiopia Members / 12% for Danase Forum Members

Autogeek Discounts: 10% for Autopia Members / Free S&H for Autogeek Forum Members

PakShak Discount: 10% for Autopia Members ( Price Manually Adjusted)

Topoftheline Discount: Customer Reward Program (Spend more to save more)

smartcarcare.ie Discount: A great source for Menzerna lower then USD prices

I hope someone find this thread helpful, I did. Thanks guys!

BigAl3
03-29-2007, 12:30 PM
let`s not forget about patrick over at exceldetail! :bigups