PDA

View Full Version : ZAIO and CS on a brand new car?

Mr Big Bass
03-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I was going to help out my friend this weekend that picked up a new Acura MDX and he wants to wax it ASAP. He`s been driving it for a week now and after all we have heard about ZAIO and CS we are going to go for it this weekend. My question is what should my process look like? This is what I was planning....

ONR wash

Spot clay (if necessary)

ZAIO

Z-2

Z-CS

Z-8

Is there a wait time between the Zaino processes? Should I use the same applicator for ZAIO as the CS? Now last question i promise...On my car there is some light scratching, do I just substitute the Z-2 for Z-5? I am buying this all fresh so let me know! Thanks guys!

mgm2003
03-27-2007, 11:28 PM
I was going to help out my friend this weekend that picked up a new Acura MDX and he wants to wax it ASAP. He`s been driving it for a week now and after all we have heard about ZAIO and CS we are going to go for it this weekend. My question is what should my process look like? This is what I was planning....

ONR wash

Spot clay (if necessary)

ZAIO

Z-2

Z-CS

Z-8

Is there a wait time between the Zaino processes? Should I use the same applicator for ZAIO as the CS? Now last question i promise...On my car there is some light scratching, do I just substitute the Z-2 for Z-5? I am buying this all fresh so let me know! Thanks guys!

Your process looks pretty good.

Do a Z6 QD wipe down between each of the following steps: ZAIO -- Z2 -- CS.

Use a fresh, unused applicator for CS. 1 mist per 2` x 2` section is PLENTY.

FWIW, Here`s my neighbors MDX wearing CS over 5 month old Z5Pro.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mgm121499/2007-Feb-MDX-CS/IMG_0012.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mgm121499/2007-Feb-MDX-CS/IMG_0019.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mgm121499/2007-Feb-MDX-CS/IMG_0016.jpg

Mr Big Bass
03-27-2007, 11:34 PM
what do you use to apply ZAIO? Can I use a concours applicator that has been used for KAIO but washed? I heard that CS is sensitive and it has to be on a never used 314 applicator

mgm2003
03-27-2007, 11:37 PM
what do you use to apply ZAIO? Can I use a concours applicator that has been used for KAIO but washed? I heard that CS is sensitive and it has to be on a never used 314 applicator

ZAIO can be applied by hand or machine -your choice. I`m not familiar with a concours applicator. I prefer to use a MF or cotton Zaino applicator by hand.

Scottwax
03-27-2007, 11:51 PM
ZAIO works great via PC or Cyclo with a finishing pad.

Macruz19
03-28-2007, 06:25 AM
Those 07 MDX`s IMO the nicest SUV`s out there today! I`d protect it right away.

Sounds like a good plan you got there lined up.

DM101
03-28-2007, 06:43 AM
I would clay the car first. Lots of times there is rail dust (if brought in by train) and other particles starting to embed in the paint. You will be amazed how much crap comes off new cars.

imported_memnuts
03-28-2007, 07:04 AM
Your plan looks great. Except I would not Z8 immediately after CS has disappeared. Give it a few hours. Not completely necessary but works best this way for me.

I would apply KAIO if by PC with a polishing pad or by hand with a folded cotton(terry) cloth and that may eliminate any minor marring you may have. KAIO finishes great with this type of pad or by hand.

At this point you can apply Z5 and allow to dry. I would do this first if you have both Z2 and Z5 (Z5 is a filler/hiding product not a polish). Buff off, Z6 and apply a layer of CS with a virgin pad (which can be re-used over and over again if isolated to CS appication only. Wash then dry and re-use when needed).

Walk away and admire your work. :xyxthumbs

Another option is to apply Z5 on one day then Z2 the next followed by CS.

Of course both layers of Z2 and Z5 can be applied the same day if enabled with ZFX.

ZAIO-Z5/ZFX-Z2/ZFX-Z6-CS. Z8 a few hours later or after next wash.:bigups

thesacrifice
03-28-2007, 07:29 AM
definitely z2 or z5 between ZAIO and CS