PDA

View Full Version : Is Pollen Acidic??

05corolla
03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
So last night on the local news here in Columbia, SC the news anchor was talking about pollen and then he said that pollen was slightly acidic and that it can harm paint finishes on cars so we should beware and rinse often. IS THIS TRUE??

BMW335i
03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
So last night on the local news here in Columbia, SC the news anchor was talking about pollen and then he said that pollen was slightly acidic and that it can harm paint finishes on cars so we should beware and rinse often. IS THIS TRUE??

I doubt it. IMO thats a ridiculous thing to say.

05corolla
03-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh I definitely agree that it sounds ridiculous, I am seeing what ya`ll think

Black Diamond
03-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Have a foam gun? Do what I did today after I worked in the yard. My truck was covered in dust and pollen. Foamed it, rinsed it, dried it! That way, you know for sure there will be no problems!

foxtrapper
03-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Huh, went and did some research on this. Pollens are around the neutral point, and can be slightly acidic, or alkaline. But the degree is faint.

Pollens big car finish issue (as I see it) is it`s stickyness, and the resulting scrub marks that many owners put into their finish removing it.

TigerMike
03-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Pollen is extremely abrasive to a car`s finish and yes it should be removed ASAP.