PDA

View Full Version : Any Audiophiles on Autopia ?

Pages : [1] 2

EdLancer
03-26-2007, 06:47 PM
...or headphiles for that matter :xyxthumbs

BoxsterCharlie
03-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Yep, here. Anything on your mind? How about that more LP`s are being sold now than 10 years ago, and more people than ever know that they sound better than CD`s?

boywonder
03-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Moi........

Favorite Headphones: AKG or Sennheiser

Thomas Dekany
03-26-2007, 11:42 PM
yes!!!!!!!

Mr. Clean
03-27-2007, 12:36 AM
I`m listening :D

EdLancer
03-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Nice to know, well I like the highend sound without the highend price tag. I am mostly into low power high effciency systems mostly T-Amps, Gainclone amps and single drivers, also just got into cans about 2 months ago. Mostly a Grado fanboy at this stage.

The highend Chinese brands like Shanling, ESound, Jolida are just coming into my radar scope and I am discovering most of the known highend brand are highway robbery as they are just rebadged gear from these companies. CHINESE HIFI (http://www.xs4all.nl/~viver/chinese%20hi-end/chinese%20hifi.html)

Any of you guys members of Head-Fi or DIYAudio ?

Mr. Clean
03-27-2007, 11:12 AM
I`ve been a reader and wisher on Head-Fi for years, but lost interest when I ceased my commute and business travel.

Interesting link, I`ll read more as I get time.

Tasty
03-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Yep, here. Anything on your mind? How about that more LP`s are being sold now than 10 years ago, and more people than ever know that they sound better than CD`s?

Yeah. My brother has a record player and a bunch of great old albums on wax. Zeppelin, Stevie Wonder, the first Dire Straits album. Anyway, every time I go to his house and we get to drinkin` we crank the player up and I am always blow away by the fullness and richness of the sound. Now if I could just make the one in my car stop skipping...:nana:

Big Kahuna
03-28-2007, 01:05 AM
I`ve been reading AV forums for about a month. Does anyone have an opinion on Arcam recievers and Dali speakers for HT? I was considering Emotiva and Outlaw, but no dealers in Hawaii. Emotiva is only Internet now.:hairpull

EdLancer
03-28-2007, 12:02 PM
I`ve been reading AV forums for about a month. Does anyone have an opinion on Arcam recievers and Dali speakers for HT? I was considering Emotiva and Outlaw, but no dealers in Hawaii. Emotiva is only Internet now.:hairpull

I think Arcam is overpriced for what they are. Emotiva is good, but I am now finding equivalent Chinese brands like here. AAA-Audio.com (http://www.aaa-audio.com/index-products.htm)

metload1
03-31-2007, 01:50 AM
Moi........

Favorite Headphones: AKG or Sennheiser

I hear ya! I`ve got a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones and I love them. Very accurate, unmuffled sound.

As far as speakers go I`ve always liked Paradigm.

My father is a drummer and he is going to be building a home recording studio soon. Mackie mixer, Shure mics, and a Crown amp. Or at least that`s what we`re thinking as of now.

Big Kahuna
03-31-2007, 03:00 AM
I think Arcam is overpriced for what they are. Emotiva is good, but I am now finding equivalent Chinese brands like here. AAA-Audio.com (http://www.aaa-audio.com/index-products.htm)

I`ve heard about the Chinese brands, but weren`t sure what brands they were. I read a post that someone from Emotiva just returned from China and was very impressed with their technology.

boywonder
03-31-2007, 08:47 AM
I hear ya! I`ve got a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones and I love them. Very accurate, unmuffled sound.

As far as speakers go I`ve always liked Paradigm.

My father is a drummer and he is going to be building a home recording studio soon. Mackie mixer, Shure mics, and a Crown amp. Or at least that`s what we`re thinking as of now.

Other amps to consider for clean sound would be Crate and QSC.

As for boards, look at Yamaha and Behringer as well. I`ve worked with a Behringer before and it`s pretty decent.

Check out AKG and Audio Technica for Mics

As for normal speakers, I got spoiled by B&Ws. I listened to them on a Yamaha RX-Z 1 and :drool:.

Pro Audio: Tascam, JBL, EV

Car Audio: I am an Eclipse fanatic. I had one in my `94 Maxima with Boston Acoustic Speakers and it sounded very well with the stock Clarion Amp.

metload1
03-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Other amps to consider for clean sound would be Crate and QSC.

As for boards, look at Yamaha and Behringer as well. I`ve worked with a Behringer before and it`s pretty decent.

Check out AKG and Audio Technica for Mics

As for normal speakers, I got spoiled by B&Ws. I listened to them on a Yamaha RX-Z 1 and :drool:.

Pro Audio: Tascam, JBL, EV

Car Audio: I am an Eclipse fanatic. I had one in my `94 Maxima with Boston Acoustic Speakers and it sounded very well with the stock Clarion Amp.

Hey, thanks for the tips! Speaking of Eclipse, I couldn`t beleive how well my dad`s Eclipse head unit brought out his regular Honda OEM speakers.

EdLancer
04-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I`ve heard about the Chinese brands, but weren`t sure what brands they were. I read a post that someone from Emotiva just returned from China and was very impressed with their technology.

They literally make it for them !

CHINESE HIFI (http://www.xs4all.nl/~viver/chinese%20hi-end/chinese%20hifi.html)