PDA

View Full Version : Wax

car man257
03-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Hey guys, I want to just put a coat of wax on my truck while I am at school. I did it before I left in the fall and then got it done at a local shop over xmas but that didn`t last long. What would be the best wax for me. I need it to go on easy, last for a lil while, and protect good. My truck sits outside all the time here in Michigan. Thanks guys

Scott

BMW335i
03-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey guys, I want to just put a coat of wax on my truck while I am at school. I did it before I left in the fall and then got it done at a local shop over xmas but that didn`t last long. What would be the best wax for me. I need it to go on easy, last for a lil while, and protect good. My truck sits outside all the time here in Michigan. Thanks guys

Scott

Get some Collinite 845/476S and call it a day.

sixty7mustang22
03-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Meguiar`s NXT Liqid wax is the perfect thing for you. You can buy it at just about any automotive store. It comes with an applicator pad and it is SO easy to put on and wipe off. It will also last about 2-3 months. Grab you a microfiber towl while you are there and you will have everything you need.

Apply the product to the whole car and then wipe it all off. That is it. It also has some cleaning abilities and it will hide minor swirls. It will also make you car look very good.

Try it out.:waxing:

car man257
03-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Sweet thanks guys... I am gonna go out and pick up some stuff tonight. This summer the truck is going to need a major polising... still haven`t done it..

BMW335i
03-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Meguiar`s NXT Liqid wax is the perfect thing for you. You can buy it at just about any automotive store. It comes with an applicator pad and it is SO easy to put on and wipe off. It will also last about 2-3 months. Grab you a microfiber towl while you are there and you will have everything you need.

Apply the product to the whole car and then wipe it all off. That is it. It also has some cleaning abilities and it will hide minor swirls. It will also make you car look very good.

Try it out.:waxing:

Yeah, now that I think of it, go with his suggestion. It will be a little easier for you to find OTC. Get a Meguiars MF towel so it won`t scratch.

car man257
03-26-2007, 03:48 PM
ok... yea i don`t have my pc here so i need to do it by hand... its a double cab tundra.. this should be fun!!

sixty7mustang22
03-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Nothing like having to stand in the bed and on the door sills to wax a roof, eh?

car man257
03-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Nothing like having to stand in the bed and on the door sills to wax a roof, eh?

for sure... I hate that... we are a big truck family so I am used to it. Dads got a yukon xl denali and mom has a lexus gx470 so yeah... I can guarantee I am going to get a few weird looks in the parking lot at school oh well:2thumbs:

sixty7mustang22
03-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I own a couple of trucks. More surface area, but the way I look at it, the more fun I get to have.:D

car man257
03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
yeah and it gives me a good excuse not to mow the lawn or take out the garbage or something... lol sorry mom I am waxing the cars... give me like 3 days :bounce

EdLancer
03-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Get some Collinite 845/476S and call it a day.

x2 ...LoL :dance

imported_DieselMDX
03-26-2007, 06:56 PM
yeah and it gives me a good excuse not to mow the lawn or take out the garbage or something... lol sorry mom I am waxing the cars... give me like 3 days :bounce

you have a pm :waxing: