PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get sheepskins

BMW335i
03-26-2007, 01:22 PM
I know Wal-Mart has them, but it seems as if a lot of them are really thin and non-plush. Also, the way they are packaged is just by stuffed into that little box, nothing seems to hold them in securely. I wonder if they were dragged around on the floor or dropped before they were put on the shelf.

Patrick has Ultra-Heavy but currently is out of stock. Are his "heavy" just as suitable for washing very soft paint? Are they "heavy" sheepskins he carries plusher than the plush ones I would pick/find at Wal-Mart?

I have 4 sheepskins but am worried one of them is causing marring (by accident I touched the tip of the mitt against the floor VERY lightly, barely touched the mitt but I am still worried) so they have all been suspended from washing until I find new ones. Would a washing be sufficient to use the suspected mitt again? Or should I toss them?

I know, stupid thing to do. I was pre-treating the rocker panels and my right hand still had the mitt on and I had to kneel down and I subconsciously lowered my hand enuff to lightly touch the floor. Only the top part of the mitt touched. It was so light I didn`t really even notice.

BigJimZ28
03-26-2007, 01:52 PM
yea just wash them & you will be fine

or you could send them to me if you think they are bad

velobard
03-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Probably my favorite place to buy wool mitts sounds a little weird, but it works for me. I go to Walgreens. They have a little auto section and the mitts they have are thumbless, which I prefer since it`s easier to make use of both sides of the mitt. They`re about $8 each. I believe the brand is Detailer`s Choice.

74 thing
03-26-2007, 04:55 PM
The heave weight ones from exceldetail are fantastic! Way plusher then the ones at the local car supply stores.

Grimm
03-26-2007, 06:35 PM
I know Wal-Mart has them, but it seems as if a lot of them are really thin and non-plush. Also, the way they are packaged is just by stuffed into that little box, nothing seems to hold them in securely. I wonder if they were dragged around on the floor or dropped before they were put on the shelf.

FYI, maybe you could try another Walmart. The one I got there wasn`t even in any packaging. It just had a hook. They had several very soft ones.

velobard
03-26-2007, 07:16 PM
My local WM is changing over their car care section to new stuff. Last time I was there I didn`t see wool mitts either, nor the Meguiars foam applicators. Not sure I like the switchover but it doesn`t look finished yet.

imported_Nimble
03-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Excel Detail, 3 for $15 I believe, great deal.

Pats300zx
03-26-2007, 07:41 PM
You really can`t beat the Eurow Sheepskin mitts at Walmart for $5.00 :)

Roger V
03-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Excel Detail, 3 for $15 I believe, great deal.

Link?:spot

Strokin04
03-26-2007, 09:24 PM

Sent you a PM. Mike...

3Dog
03-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Heres a Eurow link

Eurow O`Reilly Corp (http://www.euroworeilly.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5)

imported_Nimble
03-26-2007, 10:50 PM

3 Med. weight Pure Australian Sheepskin washmits. (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=65255&pd=286888)