PDA

View Full Version : Customer Made Me a Bet About His Corvette

imported_JoshVette
03-26-2007, 10:11 AM
As I first started to claybar his Victory Red 2006 Corvette I was commenting to him how good a shape it was in and how he had little to no swirls on the vehicle.:xyxthumbs

Then he pops a question on me, "I throw in an extra $20 if you can guess the mileage within 1,000 miles"?

I said okay, let me finish the claybaring first and I`ll give you my best guess. I asked how long he`d had the car (just less then 2 years) and if it was garage kept (obviosly) as well as if it was everyday car or weekend only, (everyday driver in all weather conditions as well).

I finished the clay, then took a educated guess of between 16-17K, I said 16,700 miles total. He drove down from VA so that added a few.

It had just over 17,000 miles on it, I guessed 16,700, he took out the $20 and handed it to me and said, "wow, you really are good". :sign :xyxthumbs

Just thought I would share.;)

sixty7mustang22
03-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Gotta love free money.

gmblack3
03-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Thats funny!!!

imported_JoshVette
03-26-2007, 12:13 PM
yea, it was pretty funny, cause he said, he knew I came highly recommended (from the CF forum) and said he almost swallowed his tongue after that cause I nearly hit it dead on within a few hundred miles.

Needless to say I ended up with $45 more then I charged him for. :nana: :woohoo:

imported_gusbubba
03-26-2007, 12:31 PM
They say you can tell a lot about a person by their garbage...

I`m also convinced that a good detailer can tell more about most people than they might be comfortable with sometimes by the condition of their car.

imported_Picus
03-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Haha, funny story, and nice work. :)

They say you can tell a lot about a person by their garbage...

I`m also convinced that a good detailer can tell more about most people that they might be comfortable with sometimes by the condition of their car.

So true. :)