PDA

View Full Version : What polish can I buy locally?

jnyost
03-26-2007, 01:48 AM
Ok so I bought over $500 dollars of detailing stuff last week and some how missed a polish. I planned on buying Menzerna but I ended up without anything. I started playing with my new PC today trying to get rid of the swirls on my car and wasn`t having much luck. I bought some Turtlewax Polish from Autozone but it didn`t get rid of them all. When I was in Carquest last weeking picking up some AW I noticed some 3m and Meguiars stuff but didn`t pay much attention. Have any suggestions on what I can pick up to get rid of swirls/spider webs?

Thanks!

Jared

JohnZ3MC
03-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Meguiars #83, the Dual Action Cleaner Polish (DACP) is a popular polish for the PC as is the slightly lighter cut #80 and both should be available otc.

Here`s a link to MikeyC`s site with a great polish chart :) so look at the 3M products. Many of them should be available otc too.

Polish Chart (http://thedetailinghandbook.com/Polish_Chart.aspx)

-John C.

jnyost
03-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks!! I`ll see what I can find.

BigJimZ28
03-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Mother`s Power Polish is a qreat OTC polish if you see it

imported_Malachi
03-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Meguiars #83, the Dual Action Cleaner Polish (DACP) is a popular polish for the PC as is the slightly lighter cut #80 and both should be available otc.

Here`s a link to MikeyC`s site with a great polish chart :) so look at the 3M products. Many of them should be available otc too.

Polish Chart (http://thedetailinghandbook.com/Polish_Chart.aspx)

-John C.

This chart is a great tool! Thank you very much! :clap:

Edit, after further reading, this website is specific to Honda S200. Also, a while ago there was a thread where folks were chiming in in an effort to create a chart, not sure where that is though...

Accumulator
03-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I`c check the local yellow pages for an autobody/paint supply place, all the ones I`ve seen had a lot of decent products in stock.

JohnZ3MC
03-26-2007, 12:36 PM
This chart is a great tool! Thank you very much! :clap:

Edit, after further reading, this website is specific to Honda S200. Also, a while ago there was a thread where folks were chiming in in an effort to create a chart, not sure where that is though...

You`re welcome and glad to share.

I never looked at the whole site until recently and was impressed with the wealth of info there. While it is a S2K specific site, much is universally applicable and had I poked around more I would have discovered MikeyC keeps the site current and updates the chart as time goes by. Some older versions of the chart don`t have all the columns Mike`s has so it`s my goto chart too. Look at the 3M products. How can anyone keep track of those without a chart?

-John C.

jnyost
03-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I picked up some Meguiars and 3m. None of them were on the chart though. I`ll post after I try them.