PDA

View Full Version : Best method to tackle dirty rocker panels?

BMW335i
03-25-2007, 06:02 PM
I usually spritz QD onr on them but there is always a little something that remains on the paint and I don`t want to scrub it with my mitt (may induce marring). Usually there is little specks of dirt or maybe even clumped brake dust that just won`t come off. How would you go about these "difficult" areas safely? Megs APC? Yes, I do have an LSP on (AJT),

I do have access to a pressure washer but I don`t want to "grind" the dirt into the paint.

mbkintner
03-25-2007, 06:09 PM
After you wash them I`d try spot claying with some Sonus Ultra Fine Clay.

Accumulator
03-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah, same here, but then I almost *always* say "use clay" for stuff like this. If my extra-gentle wash techniques don`t get stuff off (which happens a lot) I use the Sonus green.

The Sonus green (or even something like the SmartWax clay) is what I use if I`m trying to preserve the LSP. Sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and use a solvent and then reapply said LSP. I don`t go for the middle ground with APCs, I either clay or use solvent.

Oh, and if you have wax (as opposed to a sealant) on it, you might look into TOL`s Snap Seal, it`s a cleanerwax that`s basically geared towards tar removal. It`s a quick/dirty approach to stuff where you don`t need to be *too* meticulous.