PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss AW=cloudiness?

insmanblue
03-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Hey guys. Since I have not posted in a while my thread count is low. But I come here frenquently (almost daily) to stay current on the latest. I have a BMW that is dark blue. Currently I have clayed, Sonus Swirl Buster, Klasse AIO, and followed by AW. I have two coats of AW and noticed a distinct cloudy look when I reapplied SSB in a few spots with the PC. The SSB portion would be deep blue and the AW would look murkey. I am a big fan of AW and would like to continue to use it but this is a set back for me. Has anyone experienced this with AW?

thesacrifice
03-25-2007, 01:07 PM
nope, never heard of that happening before.

Bigpoppa3346
03-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Even in full sun I never get streaking or cloudyness. Cut back on the amount you are using, and don`t use it at every wash, no more than once a month.

AL-53
03-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Did you apply it on a wet car?....did you apply 2 coats the same day?....did you use just 1 spray per panel?....

the way i use it is dry the car...use 2 MF`s...1 to wipe it in..1 to wipe it off....

The wipe on MF I give a lite spray or 2 to dampen it...then spray a panel with 1 spray doing a sweep motion....I wipe it in and with a dry MF I wipe it off....no need to spray the wipe on MF again..it is primed...just spray and wipe in and off...do not let it set up it is a WOWO product...

It should only be used monthly but I go 6 weeks between spraying on..I use fast clean and shine in between that period...

I have used a few gallons of the stuff in the last 14 months and never had it cloud...

This product will layer and if you use to often it will mute..and you will have to either use Alcohol and water 50/50 to remove it or take a spray bottle and mix 5 oz of fast clean and shine and 1-2 oz`s of alcohol to it and wipe it down...

AW is a pretty concentrated product...to me every 6 weeks is fine..but it will go longer with out using a harsh shampoo...like 901 and Griot`s

any more info and see if can help more

AL

RTexasF
03-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I`ve never had it cloud either but I sure didn`t know that it is not meant to use often! Once a month, eh? News to me!

imported_Larry A
03-25-2007, 06:05 PM
It has never clouded for me either.

dogma
03-25-2007, 06:29 PM
I used it every week and never had a problem. Just like with Z8 I use it every week, it may be overkill but I don`t care. I always use the whole product line because I feel they are synergistic. I always use all zaino products and don`t mix and match polishes, When I used DG I used 901 wash, pba , 105 and then AW. JMO I think products work better that way.

BigJimZ28
03-25-2007, 08:14 PM
If I am reading you post correctly

you are saying the spots you polished look better then the spots you did not polish!

WOW no kidding!

what does this have to do with AW?

klnyc
03-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Al,

Wait...AW cant be use every wash? I used Z8 afer every wash and didnt find any problem.. Anyway, I want make sure this a fact.

thesacrifice
03-25-2007, 10:46 PM
I`ve used it every two weeks before with no issues, but I haven`t found that AW loses any look or durability in those two weeks or even month or two...to suggest the need to use it more.

paul34
03-25-2007, 11:15 PM
the only time I`ve experienced cloudiness the AW is when I sprayed it on a damp roof (not fully dried) ... my fault, but I was in a hurry at the time.

Another cobra polishing MF buffed over the same area instantly cleared up the haziness.

insmanblue
03-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Did you apply it on a wet car?....did you apply 2 coats the same day?....did you use just 1 spray per panel?....

the way i use it is dry the car...use 2 MF`s...1 to wipe it in..1 to wipe it off....

The wipe on MF I give a lite spray or 2 to dampen it...then spray a panel with 1 spray doing a sweep motion....I wipe it in and with a dry MF I wipe it off....no need to spray the wipe on MF again..it is primed...just spray and wipe in and off...do not let it set up it is a WOWO product...

It should only be used monthly but I go 6 weeks between spraying on..I use fast clean and shine in between that period...

I have used a few gallons of the stuff in the last 14 months and never had it cloud...

This product will layer and if you use to often it will mute..and you will have to either use Alcohol and water 50/50 to remove it or take a spray bottle and mix 5 oz of fast clean and shine and 1-2 oz`s of alcohol to it and wipe it down...

AW is a pretty concentrated product...to me every 6 weeks is fine..but it will go longer with out using a harsh shampoo...like 901 and Griot`s

any more info and see if can help more

ALThanks Al for your suggestions. I applied the two coats in a months time. I use the MF cloths for the application and just WOWO one panel at a time. My routine is to wash the car then dry with a WW towel. Then the AW.

SVR
03-26-2007, 06:05 AM
I find that with each wash it actually improves the look a fraction. The look of my paint now in anything bar overcast sky is amazing considering how dead it was when I purchased the car.