PDA

View Full Version : Longevity of Zaino CS vs. ZF

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

pingable
03-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Does anyone know how the longevity rating of Zaino CS is as opposed to ZFX/Z2 Pro.

Currently have Z2 Pro/Z5 in my stash.....and was wondering just short of the easy application aspect of CS, it it worth adding it in my stash.

Any optical difference between the CS and Z2/Z5.

Z2 Pro was a night/day difference between the Z2 IMO.

docker
03-25-2007, 07:50 AM
I really can`t address the longevity question based on my experience (only been using CS for just a short while), but I think the general concsensus here on the board is that CS will last longer.

What I can address is your second question, and CS is optically clear. I now have it over 476S, NB and FMJ and I describe CS as crystal clear glossiness. You can top over anything without changing the coloring characteristics of the surface below it. Leaves a super glossy surface.

imported_mburnickas
03-25-2007, 07:52 AM
good question but I do not think anyone knows per say how long CS will last since it is brand new.

klnyc
03-25-2007, 08:11 AM
A infamous question, I doubt anyone here had CS long enough to tell you :laugh:

Im going try out CS today, I finally got a break here.

docker
03-25-2007, 08:25 AM
A infamous question, I doubt anyone here had CS long enough to tell you :laugh:

Im going try out CS today, I finally got a break here.

klnyc - what you gonna be putting CS on top of?

klnyc
03-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Z5-pro,CS then top with AW. I ran out of Z8 :(

Okay, let do my car now.. Report back within few hours.

mgm2003
03-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know how the longevity rating of Zaino CS is as opposed to ZFX/Z2 Pro.

Currently have Z2 Pro/Z5 in my stash.....and was wondering just short of the easy application aspect of CS, it it worth adding it in my stash.

Any optical difference between the CS and Z2/Z5.

Z2 Pro was a night/day difference between the Z2 IMO.

I`ve had CS (Beta) on the roof of my wife`s Tahoe since October, and it`s still going strong. The roof was polished with ZPC and topped with CS. Nothing touches the roof except Z7 car soap during weekly washes. I wanted to see how long 1 coat of CS would last over freshly polished paint.

I believe Greg Cavi has seen similar results in harsher Minnesota conditions on his fathers truck. See here: http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/86251-zaino-clear-seal-f150-5-months-first-wash.html

Based on what I`ve experienced, CS offers excellent winter protection, and holds up on its own as a stand alone LSP.

thesacrifice
03-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Zaino claims up to 9 months durability. They don`t on the other products....take that for what it`s worth.

imported_memnuts
03-25-2007, 12:53 PM
It is difficult to state absolute durability perimeters because of the varying conditions which a vehicle could be exposed. My testing (beta sample) has produced so far 6 months on a daily driver, but we had zero snow and ice this winter which means no exposure to road salt. :woot: We did have a great deal of rain. Internal Zaino testing has produced 9 months of protection which allows Zaino enough confidence to states 9 months. If one reads further into the CS instructions it does state for maximal performance (protection) and appearance a 3-4 month application is suggested but not required. So far, I have received 6 months with both perimeters still at a very high level.:xyxthumbs

I will being doing a 1 year test this summer on my sister-in-law`s BMW which I do yearly when I visit New England. In the past a Z-PC or IP prep, 3 layers of Z5PRO/ZFX plus a Z8 wipe down a day later has endured (beading and ability to self-clean) this time period (1 year) with monthly washings when weather permits.

mbkintner
03-25-2007, 06:03 PM
If ZCS is this durable I`m thinking it might be a good option for my wheels. I think I`ll try some ZAIO on them and then a coat of ZCS.

mgm2003
03-25-2007, 06:04 PM
It is difficult to state absolute durability perimeters because of the varying conditions which a vehicle could be exposed. My testing (beta sample) has produced so far 6 months on a daily driver, but we had zero snow and ice this winter which means no exposure to road salt. :woot: We did have a great deal of rain. Internal Zaino testing has produced 9 months of protection which allows Zaino enough confidence to states 9 months. If one reads further into the CS instructions it does state for maximal performance (protection) and appearance a 3-4 month application is suggested but not required. So far, I have received 6 months with both perimeters still at a very high level.:xyxthumbs

I will being doing a 1 year test this summer on my sister-in-law`s BMW which I do yearly when I visit New England. In the past a Z-PC or IP prep, 3 layers of Z5PRO/ZFX plus a Z8 wipe down a day later has endured (beading and ability to self-clean) this time period (1 year) with monthly washings when weather permits.

What is your plan of attack for testing this year?

klnyc
03-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Okay, I finally tried out the Z-CS. I noticed and Im sure others as well. When I spritz one spray on the panel(4 inch away). When I buff it with the cotton pad. How come there`s like a oil film on top? I need rewipe with a MF again.

imported_memnuts
03-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Okay, I finally tried out the Z-CS. I noticed and Im sure others as well. When I spritz one spray on the panel(4 inch away). When I buff it with the cotton pad. How come there`s like a oil film on top? I need rewipe with a MF again.

Is this prismatic film of CS after it dries are just after application?

Even though the instructions state to spray each panel and spread, I have found better results (even distribution) by just spritzing cotton applicator and working CS into the finish.

John, my experimentation or testing of Zaino is finish until the next evolution or invention(s) by Sal and he starts his external beta testing. My on-going CS 24/7 testing will be ending soon as I will completely prep the Escalade (Z-PC, ZAIO, Z2 and CS) within the next few weeks. I may try a combo mixture of Z-PC/ZAIO on the Escalade being that the finish is still in great condition.

:think: This will eliminate one polishing step and add ZFX to the Z2PRO to insure proper bonding.

Maybe when the Optimum CS comes out I will give it a go. I have already tested some Poli-Seal.

wannafbody
03-25-2007, 08:36 PM

spread the product and walk away. It will self level and even out.

I can look thru a bottle of CS and it looks clear(like filtered water) to my eyes. That`s close enough to being optically clear as far as I`m concerned. DISCLAIMER: I haven`t conducted scientific tests of the bottle so I can`t comment on wether the bottle is actually optically clear and wether it produces any kind of spectrum shift.

When I see people post real world results of 6 months that tells me that the product is durable.

klnyc
03-25-2007, 08:37 PM
blkz28,

Yes, after it was dried..I was like damm, there`s some oil film in the panel.

Do I suppose leave the oilly film on the panel?

edit: Sorry Chefwong, no meant to hijack your thread.