PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Minnesota!!

Mommyvan
03-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Hello All! I`m thrilled to be a part of your community and have been enthralled by all the information here. I`ve been doing a lot of searching for answers to my questions. I used to think I could detail a car...then I found autopia.org and realized that I really stink at it, but I`m trying to learn. Here goes the questionnaire posted in the top thread:

1. How did you wind up at Autopia? Trying to find an answer to my dirty floor mat question.

2. What do you like most about detailing? The pride of driving a clean car!

3. What are your favorite products/processes and why? I have been turned on to DP stuff by a friend on another forum.

4. What`s your dream car and why? I don`t know what my dream car is because there are so many great vehicles out there to choose from!! I know it would be a four door (because I`m pretty practical) and either a sport ute or a van of some kind, because I`ve gotten used to sitting up high in the driver`s seat. (I drive a 2005 Honda Odyssey now and LOVE it.)

5. What`s the best thing you learned on Autopia? How to clean my floor mats (although I haven`t had time to try it yet).

6. What are some of your other hobbies and interests? Playing with my two young daughters, scrapbooking (Yep, I`m female.)

7. Do you have any pets? Does the husband count???? :D No pets--husband and one daughter are allergic.

8. Name three secret techniques that you think you should share to fellow Autopians. If I tell, they won`t be a secret....Like I said before, I have a lot to learn. I used to think vacuuming the carpets, wiping down the dashboard with NuVinyl, washing and waxing were all I needed to do. (I`m sure I just made most of you cringe....Sorry!!) :shocked

9. Where are you from and where do you live now? From Ohio, living in Minnesota.

10. What was you first car and what got you interested in keeping cars perfect? My first car was a 1982 Dodge Colt (bought in 1990 with a big rust hole on passenger side!). I started really wanting to keep my car(s) nice when I bought my first new one--a 1999 Honda CRV. I sold it when it was five years old and it was still in showroom condition. (Washed every week, vacuumed every couple of weeks, etc...) People who rode in the CRV swore that it was the cleanest car they had ever been in. (It was my baby before I had two real ones.)

11. What motivates you to detail? I just feel better when my car is clean. I take pride in keeping my nice vehicles looking nice and protecting them from the harsh elements.

12. Would you ever pay someone else to detail your car? Not on your life! No one would ever be as passionate about my car as I am.

13. Does detailing run in the family at all, or are you the only normal one? I`m the only normal one. I used to wash my parents` cars and it seems like therapy for me to wash mine. Reminds me of home. I detail my husband`s MDX too, although he doesn`t notice and really doesn`t care much. (Not sure why I married him!!!!!!) :chuckle:

14. What is your favorite part about detailing? Being exhausted at the end and knowing that I did as good a job as I possibly could.

15. If detailing is a hobby for you, would you like to do it full time, or do you feel that it would take the fun out of it? I used to think that I could do it as a profession, but I now know that the learning curve is huge. Ask me again in a few years. I think that I`d still enjoy it if I did it as a profession.

I don`t have any pictures of my van. It just rained and I haven`t been able to do the spring detail yet. (With two kids, my detailing time is quite limited now.)