PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaner foreverything but carpet.

Pages : [1] 2

Changeling
03-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I have heard lots of people discuss various cleaners for the interior of vehicles. However I am hopefully looking for a product that is awesome for doing the "internal trim" like the dash, plastic, and trim.

The glass is under the care of "Stoners".

The carpet/fabrick seats are being handled by "Folex" for spot removal.

Bi-O-Kleen`s traffic lane cleaner for general carpet cleaning, I can`t find locally yet !!

Problem Question: Is there a really good cleaner to use on the "inside of a vehicle" to protect the dash,plastic, trim whatever?

I have access to great prices on Meguiars, but the original question holds true.

PS. I DO NOT LIKE HIGH SHINE.

Changeling

getright
03-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Do not overlook meguiars, if you can get a great price on already cheap meguiars apc then you should grab it. It is extremely cost effective and dilutable, I use a 10:1 mixture for the dash, vinyl, leather, plastic, whatever. For the plastic part of the sills I use an 8:1 mixture. I have used it to degrease my engine also at a ratio of 3:1, this mixture is extremely strong and removed alot of grime from my brother`s j30t engine bay that was nearly 5 years old. When you say you don`t like high shine I assume you are speaking of protectants. One that i have recently been impressed by is the blackfire interior protectant. It protects your dash and any interior surface from uv rays, smells neutral, and leaves a nice mat finish, another of my favorites is pb`s NL, smell is alot stronger but very pleasant. Alternative cleaners include DP` total interior cleaner, pb`s APC, and optimum interior cleaner, any of these will do just as well as meguiars.

sspeer
03-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Do you want a dedicated cleaner or a protectant with some cleaning ability? Meg`s #40 is a medium-medium low shine that has decent cleaning abilties. I personally love it

If it`s too much shine, you can always do a final wipedown a few minutes later..but it`s a nice satin sheen

imported_Larry A
03-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Meguiars Interior Detailer!

Pennypacker
03-24-2007, 08:41 PM
I happen to like Werkstatt Satin Prot and 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium.

VTECHokie
03-24-2007, 11:22 PM
I`ve been using Blackfire Interior Cleaner and Interior Protectant for a couple of years. I use it on almost every interior surface in the car: leather, vinyl dash, aluminum, and plastic.

I alternate between the Interior Protectant and Zaino Z-10 for the leather seats. 303 Aerospace protectant is usually my go-to product for the dash but I`ll use Blackfire if I`m running low. Although I use a number of different products, if I had to choose just one product for all the surfaces...Blackfire would be my first choice.

BTW - The protectant leaves a satin finish.

Strokin04
03-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I use a woolite/water mix for a cleaner and 303 or DP interior protectant for the protectant. The woolite mix works good for cleaning the carpet as well. Mike...

Changeling
03-25-2007, 02:15 PM
I`ll give the Megs APC a shot at cleanig since I can get it cheap.

As for protectant, it seems I have heard a lot of the site gurus talk about 303, so I`ll do a search and find some of it.

Thanks I appreciate the information. Sometimes searching just takes forever.

Changeling

BMW335i
03-25-2007, 02:39 PM
303 is good but on vinyl/leather you will have to really work it in if you don`t want streaks and spots.

Junebug
03-25-2007, 03:56 PM
I tried the Vinylex by Lexol and I think it cleans and protects very well, better look than 303 IMHO.

imported_gusbubba
03-25-2007, 05:41 PM
May not be popular ,but, I like Meg`s #40 for certain jobs.

If you need something that cleans well and leaves protection

in one step , this is a good one.

Leaves a medium shine that could be buffed down.

HenrikP
03-25-2007, 05:46 PM
+1 for megs #40

getright
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
+2 for meguiars #40

Changeling
03-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Do not overlook meguiars, if you can get a great price on already cheap meguiars apc then you should grab it. It is extremely cost effective and dilutable, I use a 10:1 mixture for the dash, vinyl, leather, plastic, whatever. For the plastic part of the sills I use an 8:1 mixture. I have used it to degrease my engine also at a ratio of 3:1, this mixture is extremely strong and removed alot of grime from my brother`s j30t engine bay that was nearly 5 years old. When you say you don`t like high shine I assume you are speaking of protectants. One that i have recently been impressed by is the blackfire interior protectant. It protects your dash and any interior surface from uv rays, smells neutral, and leaves a nice mat finish, another of my favorites is pb`s NL, smell is alot stronger but very pleasant. Alternative cleaners include DP` total interior cleaner, pb`s APC, and optimum interior cleaner, any of these will do just as well as meguiars.

getright, would you recommend the Megs APC + for engine bays over everything else ?

It would be nice if I could do the interior and engine bay with one product, not including the protectant.

What do you use in the engine bay as a protectant or do you use anything?

Changeling

deathlok
03-26-2007, 02:54 PM
1z cockpit premium it doesn`t shine at all and cleans and protects. (for one step solution)

if you dislike high shine I suggest stay away from #40.