PDA

View Full Version : Billing a dealership?

imported_Reflectionz
03-24-2007, 01:57 PM
What program do you guys use to bill a dealership? Do you need copies of invoices or po`s with the bill or just send them a bill with cars you did, stock #s, vin, etc?

getright
03-24-2007, 07:44 PM
It is dealer dependent, if the dealer has administrative requirements for getting paid they should let you know that initially. Alternatively, it would be prudent for you to ask them what their accounts payable policies are. I don`t want to pass judgement on anyone, but I would think some dealerships would exploit any discrepencies that they could use to their advantage. So make sure your contact at the dealership has this information.

RTexasF
03-24-2007, 08:03 PM
All that I have dealt with required that you be set up as a vendor in their system first. Once that`s done you take the correct department a bill after service is rendered and they issue you a purchase order. Keep that to track what they owe you. Some paid monthly, others paid at each service/delivery.

As getright said each one is different so ask at every one you will do work for.

Flexin
03-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Ask them how they like to do it. I give them an invoice with each car and they send me a check at the end of the month.

James