PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Royal On A Vectra?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

imported_Steelth
03-23-2007, 11:55 PM
wow look at this. Seems a little overkill for the car. If its a repost my bad.

Corsa Sport - for Vauxhall, Opel and Holden Corsa and Barina (http://www.corsasport.co.uk./board/viewthread.php?tid=347865&page=1)

vdubbya
03-24-2007, 12:05 AM
That is a new one to me so all I can say is WOW!!!

What a reflection and the wetness of the paint!

danforz
03-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Whoh... isn`t that that guy from the video I (and a million others posted) who charges 5000 pounds for a detail?

ttsoca
03-24-2007, 12:48 AM
What is 5000 pounds in us? I love those seats and how they match the paint.

Scottwax
03-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Saw that posted on another forum. Overkill for a daily driver but it`s his money.

Pennypacker
03-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Thanks for posting that Steelth. I hadn`t seen that before.

Yeah, it`s the same guy from the video that`s been posted a gazillion times.

5000 GBP is about $9,800. The car costs around 19,000 GBP if I`m not mistaken, which is $37,000 (I would never guess 37k if I saw that thing driving around). In any case, the detail is over a 1/4 the cost of the car!

I give credit to the owner though for documenting the whole thing. He did a good job there.

Roger V
03-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Link doesn`t work?

2KLS1
03-24-2007, 03:50 AM
It was a good read, I liked how he explained every step. The car looks really good too but all that effort and money on an Astra? I don`t get that. :confused:

porta
03-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Thanks for posting that Steelth. I hadn`t seen that before.

Yeah, it`s the same guy from the video that`s been posted a gazillion times.

5000 GBP is about $9,800. The car costs around 19,000 GBP if I`m not mistaken, which is $37,000 (I would never guess 37k if I saw that thing driving around). In any case, the detail is over a 1/4 the cost of the car!

I give credit to the owner though for documenting the whole thing. He did a good job there.

The テぅ5000 detail is heテざs most expensive treatment, but he have cheaper treatments.

Take a look

Miracle Detail (http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/auto-detailing-treatments.html)

LastDetail
03-24-2007, 04:32 AM
Wow the results are quite impressive, however I do beleive that I have seen equal if not superior work done by many of the detailers on here even at 1/20th or 1/15 of the price.

I think the seats might have looked better if he had gone with black throughout and hadn`t bothered with the blue, but thats just my opinion.

Nice pictures and nice right up though. TINY garage those guys were working in.

steelwind101
03-24-2007, 07:30 AM
The Astra has a realistic USA sales price of around $25,000 for that model. Its certantly no Impreza or Evo.

I dont know if you guys will get the VXR model (some still come with SS paint) but you can get the Vectra and soon the Astra from your Saturn Dealer.

Geoff

RTexasF
03-24-2007, 08:29 AM
That is what I would call a high tech detail.....and high dollar too!

imported_paradigm
03-24-2007, 08:55 AM
well documented thread...nice pics...just too expensive. :)

the people commenting later in the thread sure rip into the guy...nothing like good `ol autopia!

hahaha

steelwind101
03-24-2007, 10:43 AM
LOL

I wrote about how this does effect the UK detailing market and how all the detailers are now having to offer Zymol etc. Which does little benefit to the customer who can get similar looks (atleast in there lay eyes) to a good detail done with less expensive products.

I think alot of people loose out. Not to say that Pauls work is bad or indeed he should stop he seems to have corned the market. Its just a shame that others have tried to follow (or even forced to follow by public demand that might well be incorrectly lead) and your read plenty of threads on UK boards where a person will ask what products a detailer uses. Then the person will ask why they should pay so much b/c X is using Zymol and they are not or is it work paying less for not using Swissol or Zymol.

Hmm!! I think many would be suprised by the work done by alot of top detailers on here who use less premium products. It seems now that premium products mean a good detail when premium products only compliment a good detail.

Further more a good detail is one specific to the needs, requirements and uses of vehical not one topped with a wax which costs テぅXXXX pounds.

Geoff

porta
03-24-2007, 10:57 AM
I second this. But if the customer wants something extra and is willing to pay for the exclusivity, why not offering it? I would and I will.

If they donテざt like exclusivity, why are they driving a Ferrari or Porsche for $100k? A Toyota for $700 can do the same job(IE transport a person from point A to pint B)but not under the same conditions and of course not as fancy as a Ferrari would.

I promise that the customer doesneテざt see any different if you use Turtlewax from the waltmart or Swissol Best of show. If the paint is proper prepped. And I promise not many top detailers here would see any difference.

But if the guy in heテざs Ferrari knowテざs that the wax who is on heテざs cars costs $2500/jar he thinks the shine is much better then a coat of nattys blue for $15/jar.

So ff the market wants high $ products, well offer it and charge for the exclusivity. I would and I will.